wondering if anyone is having trouble with at&t and dual sim today

Juan Stevens

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I know I may be a special case but I'm wondering if anyone else is having a issue. I'm using 2 sims. One At&T and the other T-Mobile. I have T-Mobile set up as my default data. For some reason, my phone can't find the AT&T network today. It's been fine until today. If I set AT&T as the default data, then it's ok. It's quite annoying because I can't get texts or calls while using T-Mobile data today.

Billy Cantor

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
These Dual SIM phones use a standby configuration, correct? So if you are using one SIM actively the other one is basically put into standby mode?

Were you able to use T-Mobile data while seeing incoming phones/texts on AT&T previously? If you swap the two SIM cards, is your experience the same?

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
He should be able to chose either SIM as the "data" SIM. At that point, the other SIM no longer makes a data connection to the wireless provider. But that SIM still should support voice and sms.

On my 950 XL, the SIM chosen as the data SIM will make an LTE connection, and the other SIM will drop to E or G. Both SIM still support texting and calling.

However, I too witness one or both SIMs struggle at times compared to having just one SIM in the phone at a time. For example, the data SIM might drop from LTE to 4G for a few minutes, and then recover to LTE. And the non data SIM will lose its connection for a few seconds and then recover to a weaker or stronger (bars) than it was when it dropped.

I'm betting since Microsoft released the dual sim model in such large numbers, it will be forced to further develop W10M's support of it. So as happy I am with this crazy cool mobile weapon, I suspect it will get even better. More refined.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers