Is my 930 the only one not fully functional with W10M?

danmorrissey

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Is anybody experiencing any or all of the below hardware issues on their running Insider Preview of W10M? I can't solve any of them, and it's driving me mad. I'm hoping someone can provide a solution or two.. What do you reckon?
1) Hey Cortana

The "Hey Cortana" settings app is fully updated, and yet says it's unavailable for my device (it always worked under 8.1). There's no reference to the feature elsewhere in the main Cortana notebook or settings and I've tried all the tips related to uninstalling and reinstalling the correct language packs under speech etc... Still nothing.

2) Motion Data

Under 8.1, the Microsoft Health app, Fitbit and MSN Health all tracked my steps using the internal motion sensors of the phone, filling in the gaps when my Band didn't pick up my steps. This is now also broken. The Lumia Motion Data settings and Motion settings (I have both for some reason) can't identify any apps that they can use.

3) Camera

I've lost all the editing capabilities that appeared on the old OS with regard to rich capture and post-shot flash adjustment. Rich capture images now show up with horizontal lines across them as if it's struggled to properly stitch the exposure levels together and there's no option to adjust the flash.

I'm fully up to date, have reset the phone to new, and still all of the above are dead. Next step will be to abandon W10M and go back to 8.1 until the official release and hope that it comes with updated firmware to fix my lovely phone! I miss it!

abhirajsoni

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I don't have any of above problems on my 930. Although motion data doesn't count my steps correctly. It even counts when i am riding a bike.
Hey cortana works flawless for me. Although i am one of them who have microphone problem on 930. But not these problems you said.

Sent from mTalk

Ita Chi

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
None of this problems mentioned abov on my 930 as well. Just the mics broken.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Cortana and hey Cortana works with windows 10 mobile on Lumia 930s with mic problem!!!! Nooo!!! Ahh it's bcoz i heard it dsnt i gave it for repairs :'( . I wudnt have given it if it wernt for that.!!!! Now idk when ill get my phone back going to be 20days since i gave it

Vlatko Stojanovski

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
1) Hey Cortana

The "Hey Cortana" settings app is fully updated, and yet says it's unavailable for my device (it always worked under 8.1). There's no reference to the feature elsewhere in the main Cortana notebook or settings and I've tried all the tips related to uninstalling and reinstalling the correct language packs under speech etc... Still nothing.

I think Hey Cortana was broken for Lumia 930, same as the Glance screen. I think they pushed an update for "Hey Cortana", yesterday or today? Not sure about that. I know I had issues with it before. Haven't tried to see if it's fixed.

2) Motion Data

Under 8.1, the Microsoft Health app, Fitbit and MSN Health all tracked my steps using the internal motion sensors of the phone, filling in the gaps when my Band didn't pick up my steps. This is now also broken. The Lumia Motion Data settings and Motion settings (I have both for some reason) can't identify any apps that they can use.

I have this issue also, none of the apps I have used, actually count the steps. The sample project for the SensorCore actually works, but I haven't really checked if the steps are correct at all.

About the Camera, I don't really use it that much, so I can not compare, sorry :(

andrew-in-woking

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 1520 W10M 10586.29. Rich capture either doesn't work at all or even worse, with rich capture on the camera takes a 1Mp image rather than a 18.7Mp image. Does anybody know a solution?

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 1520 W10M 10586.29. Rich capture either doesn't work at all or even worse, with rich capture on the camera takes a 1Mp image rather than a 18.7Mp image. Does anybody know a solution?

Have the same problem on the Lumia 640 with the same build. It takes 1mp pic with rich capture on.

danmorrissey

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE: After hardresetting my phone and not being able to solve any of the problems that way, I've now restored back to 8.1 and the phone's back how it should be, and I have to say apart from the new apps for Windows 10, I MUCH prefer the way it all feels in 8.1.

Hopefully when Windows 10 is fully ready for a public release to all phones they'll have sorted it with firmware updates etc.

Balazs Bernat

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
is there no way to still shoot pics with 5+16 MP jpeg setting? I liked it that way, had the 5 MP pics on my phone and could send them on mobile data without using much of it, but now... :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro