Lumia 950Xl UNLOCKED and Phone Carriers

Jaime Salas

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Hello all,

I just purchased my Lumia 950XL unlocked from Amazon, and I was wondering which carrier would be the best carrier to go with? I know each one is different but I wanted to see which carrier most people are going with. I am currently a Sprint customer and have become unsatisfied with their service. Since I purchased my new Lumia 950XL, I wont to go with the best carrier that supports the 950. Any suggestion or can you tell me who you are with and if you are happy or not happy with their service. I live in Southern California by Palm Springs, does anyone else live close to me and what service are you using.

Thanks!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Since the 950 XL (like other unlocked phones) is GSM, it will not work on Verizon, Sprint and carriers that use their network.

Options I would consider are AT&T, T-Mobile, although I would take a look at Straight Talk and other smaller prepaid things. Preferably on AT&T's network, but T-Mo may have a better deal for you depending.

occamsmonkey

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I like Ting. They use T-Mobile's network and are post pay, but it's a 'pay for what you use' setup. I have a Ting phone for my second job and have yet to push it over 30 dollars, even when surfing fairly heavily.

gsjansen

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I am very satisfied with my 950 xl on T-Mobile. I definitely get LTE, and my 950 xl gets reception in areas where my 925 would not. Not sure if it's because i'm getting band 12, or the antennae's in the 950 xl are that much better, but so far have been very happy with the 950 xl on T-Mobile!

Andreas Lagos

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey man, I'm also using the 950xl with T-Mobile. I primarily reside in Florida but spend plenty of time in New Mexico where service is just as good, if not better than ATT (had them prior to grabbing the XL). If you can take advantage of family plans, now is the time to jump on T-Mobile .. I'm currently with 5 lines, 10GB of data each, unlimited everything for 142 out the door. insane deal if you ask me. plus, I just found out that unlike att, whatever data you didn't use the previous month carries over for up to a year (compared to just the one month on ATT)

Andreas Lagos

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I have heard that the band 12 is not actually activated by Tmobile for the 950's. I have no way of confirming this, but my sisters iPhone 6s does seem toget better indoor reception sometimes (1-2 bars)... any thoughts?

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I have heard that the band 12 is not actually activated by Tmobile for the 950's. I have no way of confirming this, but my sisters iPhone 6s does seem toget better indoor reception sometimes (1-2 bars)... any thoughts?

I can't speak for the 950, but I have U.S. unlocked dual-sim 950XL on t-mobile and it definitely gets band 12...but only for data since VoLTE doesn't work. I've confirmed band 12 via the field test interface. It's possible that band 12 availability might vary by area but it's definitely on in Austin for my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon