Mixradio, and the Here series of apps on BLU?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I got my Blu Win HD LTE today and while setting it up, I noticed that Here Maps and Drive are not available, along with MixRadio.

I recall a thread saying that you are able to install Here Maps and Drive on non-Lumias now. Is that still the case? If so, how do you do it? I downloaded Sysapp Pusher like I saw mentioned in a thread here. However, I see the apps in it (weirdly enough, Here Transit does appear in the store), but I'm not able to install them.

Same question goes for MixRadio.

Also, if it isn't possible, are there any maps/navigation apps that you use and would recommend for me to try?

Testeur 1970

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
I also noticed that Drive and Map are missing. I searched on the store but without success. I just installed Here drive+ on my blu following this thread.
Just scan the Qrcode with you blu phone and follow the link to install this app.

Capture du 2015-12-23 09-19-11.png

Edit : I do not have enough messages so I can't post a link, I post a screenshot of the Qrcode ;)

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
I also noticed that Drive and Map are missing. I searched on the store but without success. I just installed Here drive+ on my blu following this thread.
Just scan the Qrcode with you blu phone and follow the link to install this app.

View attachment 119321

Edit : I do not have enough messages so I can't post a link, I post a screenshot of the Qrcode ;)

Thank you very much! I tried HERE Drive+ and it's working, so next is HERE Maps.

HERE Drive and HERE Transit worked well with this, but for some reason, HERE Maps didn't work.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
There's a glitch in the Store, no one can find the Here apps without a direct link to them...they're not showing up...MS is aware of the issue. I suspect there's some legal BS going on as Here transitions away from Nokia...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, this is really annoying. Since I can't get HERE Maps, any other map/navigation apps you all recommend? I really need to be able to test the gps. I can do that with HERE Drive, yes but I would prefer to try it out via maps.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that link worked! Thank you very much!

I'm wondering if there's a possibly about making some kind of sticky on how to get the HERE suite for BLU, since all of you were so helpful to me.

Write up the steps you went through in detail. Put the new thread in General Windows Phone Discussion Lounge. I'll stick it.

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, this is really annoying. Since I can't get HERE Maps, any other map/navigation apps you all recommend? I really need to be able to test the gps. I can do that with HERE Drive, yes but I would prefer to try it out via maps.
There are some other GPS apps for the phone - Navier HUD is a cool "Heads-Up Display" that uses the same maps database as HERE. Not very practical, but neato. MapQuest is another good app, I haven't played with it much but it's available. Waze is available and works fairly well on the BLU, though it's an old app that hasn't been updated in a very long time and probably won't be updated. It gives the best directions.

When I got my BLU phone the first thing I did was download HERE maps and navigation, I didn't follow any links here. I can't remember what I did but it was very simple and straightforward and I think I found the instructions here.

I'm interested in your experience. On my Christmas road trip through PA, NJ, MD, VA I was extremely disappointed with the poor GPS tracking/performance on this phone. I've learned that I had better have a backup solution for GPS this phone absolutely can NOT be relied on. I have a Lumia 635 with the Here map data downloaded for many states so I could use that. I'm going to move my old Garmin into my car. It's better than anything short of Waze anyway.

There's an app called "GMAPS" that is a front end for Google Maps. It doesn't do navigation and has very annoying ads, but it's attractive and works well for what it is. I'm sure there's a pay version that doesn't have the annoying ads.

Last edited:

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
As for MixRadio - that's a Nokia thing exclusively, unfortunately. There's a Spotify app - it's a good substitute and a similar concept, though I like MixRadio better (less ads). Very nice for road trips where there is network connectivity. I still use MixRadio when I run my 635. I don't use either app very often.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
There are some other GPS apps for the phone - Navier HUD is a cool "Heads-Up Display" that uses the same maps database as HERE. Not very practical, but neato. MapQuest is another good app, I haven't played with it much but it's available. Waze is available and works fairly well on the BLU, though it's an old app that hasn't been updated in a very long time and probably won't be updated. It gives the best directions.

When I got my BLU phone the first thing I did was download HERE maps and navigation, I didn't follow any links here. I can't remember what I did but it was very simple and straightforward and I think I found the instructions here.

I'm interested in your experience. On my Christmas road trip through PA, NJ, MD, VA I was extremely disappointed with the poor GPS tracking/performance on this phone. I've learned that I had better have a backup solution for GPS this phone absolutely can NOT be relied on. I have a Lumia 635 with the Here map data downloaded for many states so I could use that. I'm going to move my old Garmin into my car. It's better than anything short of Waze anyway.

There's an app called "GMAPS" that is a front end for Google Maps. It doesn't do navigation and has very annoying ads, but it's attractive and works well for what it is. I'm sure there's a pay version that doesn't have the annoying ads.
Thank you for the useful information! Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to try the GPS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon