windows hello not initialising most of the time

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi all

I've had my 950 since early December and really enjoying the upgrade. But recently I am finding the windows hello fails to initialise after pushing the power button

Before I thought it might be because I had set it to only ask for sign in after 5 minutes but now it does it on "every time" too.

I can still swipe up for pin code and this obviously isn't there when within the time set but windows hello asks every time (when working). You can of course just swipe up when windows hello is working and bypass both when within your time limit.

the only way to fix this issue is to restart but after a few sign ins it just stops working again. I'm now considering just turning the feature off as its just not working. I know its beta but have not seen anyone else complain with this issue in threads so thought I would try here?

freypal

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I can recreate this bug by taking photos with the phone locked. IE when locked, press the camera button, take a photo then try to review it in the pictures hub. After that hello will not work until i restart the device. Not sure if this is linked to yours.

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site
This maybe the cause, ill give it a go. This is common for me to take a photo and then try and unlock after reviewing!

Actually just tried it. It does this if you need to sign in i.e. if you have gone past your time set. I had it on 15 minutes having just used the phone and windows hello after worked fine.

Then set to every time and now doing a photo and review initialises the windows hello and unlocks but the next time I try to unlock windows hello stops working!

Have you reported this? If not I'll add it to feedback app

Thanks again for this!

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I also noticed that Windows Hello won't initialize immediately if I'm playing music over Bluetooth because as soon as I wake the screen, the volume slider appears. Once it disappears, Windows Hello starts to look for me. Super annoying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon