Panorama for 950?

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 950 won't let me install Lumia Panorama app. What other options do people like for panorama?

An easy work around is to buy a iPod touch and just upload the panorama shots by wifi or bluetooth to the 950...just kidding.

Photosynth doesn't exist anymore. There aren't really very many to choose from and none of them are very good. You could install Microsoft ICE (Image Composite Editor) on a PC and stitch multiple photos together after the fact on your computer.

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
No one ever said it has the best camera on the market. It has a comparable camera to other flagships like the 6p or v10.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Photosynth doesn't exist anymore.

if you had it before, you can redownload it on the 950. I have and it works great, but it's not the same as taking a panoramic shot. With MS trying to roll all of the lumia camera apps into Windows Camera, they need to either add the extra features asap, or make some of the older apps available again.

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
if you had it before, you can redownload it on the 950. I have and it works great, but it's not the same as taking a panoramic shot. With MS trying to roll all of the lumia camera apps into Windows Camera, they need to either add the extra features asap, or make some of the older apps available again.

Agreed. Lumia Panorama was only okay, but better than nothing. Photosynth was really cool for the recreation of an entire space, but the flat image it creates is terrible and confusing.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. Lumia Panorama was only okay, but better than nothing. Photosynth was really cool for the recreation of an entire space, but the flat image it creates is terrible and confusing.

very true... you could also try this (we did it at work with a dslr, but should work the same with a phone)

take a video (4k maybe?) and pan across what you want, and then bring it into ICE (image composite editor). it accepts video files to create panos.

granted, you are still bringing a PC into the mix, but something is better than nothing until pano support is added to Windows Camera.

Josh Harman

Banned
Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Many panorama apps are available in the store, unfortunately the good ones I've used appear to have not been updated for use with Windows 10 or the 950 yet.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site

I have Photosynth on my L925, but I get no option to download it on any other phone. Where did you find it?

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I have Photosynth on my L925, but I get no option to download it on any other phone. Where did you find it?
If you are on Windows 10, then start skimming your "My Apps" section. I have been able to access apps and games that are no longer published or haven't appeared since the windows phone 7 store. Photosynth included.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
If you are on Windows 10, then start skimming your "My Apps" section. I have been able to access apps and games that are no longer published or haven't appeared since the windows phone 7 store. Photosynth included.
Thanks for the info! It was there and I was able to download and install.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Panorama is missing for now if you hadn't downloaded it before. It was mentioned in a post a few weeks back that Microsoft are no longer going to support apps like refocus, cinemagraph, panorama etc. The assumption is that these will become photo add ins that you can add.

So far nothing has come up yet.

However, the thing about the panorama app that I found lacking was the quality. I have a lumia 1020 and using that to take panoramas wasn't worth it. The panorama size would come out smaller than an individual normal shot that I would take. I would get a super detailed panorama if I took normal full res shots in sequence and then stitch them on the comuter

GrandGerminator

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Wait, there is no panorama options in the camera settings ???????????? (yeah, all these question marks, because if the answer is "no" that's an infinite faceplant?)

Josh Harman

Banned
Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Wait, there is no panorama options in the camera settings ???????????? (yeah, all these question marks, because if the answer is "no" that's an infinite faceplant?)

There has never been a panorama option built into the default camera out Lumia camera apps.

The assumption it's that one will be added either as a setting in the default camera app or as a Lens, because Microsoft has decided to no longer support several Lumia photo apps (Lumia Panorama) because they want to centralize these features and eliminate redundancy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes