De-brand your AT&T Lumia 640 LTE.

Sean Cua

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
A weird thing that the AR and MX rom is doing for me is that 4G is not registering, while it was registering when I was using the AT&T rom. Didn't try T-Mobile since I wanted a clean rom.

boonesmi

May 17, 2015
Visit site
A weird thing that the AR and MX rom is doing for me is that 4G is not registering, while it was registering when I was using the AT&T rom. Didn't try T-Mobile since I wanted a clean rom.

tmobile is a pretty dang clean rom, nothing like ATT. but i know what you mean, its nice to get totally away from any carrier bloat

shikhanshu

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site

I haven't tried that yet because I am not planning to use the phone here in USA anyway. My dad will be using it in India, where he doesn't have 4G/LTE coverage anyway (only 3G). Will be good to know from other AR/MX ROM users if they too are facing 4G issues?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tried that yet because I am not planning to use the phone here in USA anyway. My dad will be using it in India, where he doesn't have 4G/LTE coverage anyway (only 3G). Will be good to know from other AR/MX ROM users if they too are facing 4G issues?

Cricket uses the same bands as AT&T.

wp_ss_20160429_0002.png3.png

Sean Cua

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
But shouldn't AR rom have all ATT bands + band 12. So I should still be getting 4g. I only need band 7 though since that's the only one this phone supports on from my network.

Edit:
Just found out that US carriers still market H+ as 4g and that's what it was showing when I was on ATT rom. My Lumia 830 shows 4g differently from H+ and so I did not notice that the ATT rom was not doing the same thing.

Last edited:

ma678

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Re: How do I find out which ROMs support which 2G/3G/LTE bands?

Sorry if I am posting a question that has already been answered elsewhere. I tried searching but could not get a reliable answer.

My unlocked AT&T GoPhone Lumia 640 (unlocked, not de-branded or re-flashed) supports:
3G - UMTS 850/900/1900/2100MHz
GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900MHz
4G-LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 17

This phone will be used in India eventually. India bands are:
GSM 900/1800
3G - UMTS 2100
4G-LTE Bands 3, 5, 40

So with the AT&T ROM which is installed presently, I am fully covered.

If I de-brand this phone and go for AR or 7R CV ROM, will I lose any of the above band support, thereby making the phone unusable for 2G/3G/4G (any)?

Also, which is a 'better' ROM among the Argentina variant and Mexico variant and why? If both are exactly the same in terms of firmware and band-support, which one would you go for?

Thanks!

I never trust the specifications on Microsoft website. Unless we can field test our devices, it is hard to say AR rom supports more bands than MX does. Unfortunately, both ar and MX rom have disabled field test menu.

jitensetia

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site

Just one question more @Shikhanshu After installing this firmware, do you got 4g/3g/2g option in Sim settings ?
As in India there is not good coverage of 4G and current AT&T firmware do not have this option...

Also, after installing your mentioned firmware, do the Store applications prices come as Rupees or Dollars... I cannot get the Indian apps in the store, there are International specific apps coming up Like OLX, if I install OLX on AT&T firmware it does not allow us to select India it only shows US cities as location...

Please help in these questions. Thanks

shikhanshu

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Just one question more @Shikhanshu After installing this firmware, do you got 4g/3g/2g option in Sim settings ?
As in India there is not good coverage of 4G and current AT&T firmware do not have this option...

Also, after installing your mentioned firmware, do the Store applications prices come as Rupees or Dollars... I cannot get the Indian apps in the store, there are International specific apps coming up Like OLX, if I install OLX on AT&T firmware it does not allow us to select India it only shows US cities as location...

Please help in these questions. Thanks

This option is there in 059X153

I have not tried this myself on the AR rom. If you can try the rom and confirm this, that will be great!

As for the India locale and currency, just set the Region to India and you will get the date-time format, currency etc. in Indian format. You will also get localized news in News app, India-related apps in Store etc.

jitensetia

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
I have not tried this myself on the AR rom. If you can try the rom and confirm this, that will be great!

As for the India locale and currency, just set the Region to India and you will get the date-time format, currency etc. in Indian format. You will also get localized news in News app, India-related apps in Store etc.

Sure, I will confirm soon after reaching home in couple of hours...
The locale setup has been resolved. thanks for the reply :)

shikhanshu

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I flashed 059X153 as mentioned by TTSoldier and now everything is working good.
Thanks to all :)

Thanks for confirming dude! Just to be clear, the AR ROM does work for 3G coverage in India, but you wanted to specifically limit SIM settings to 3G so that it would not waste battery looking for 4G signal, correct? So the 7R ROM works fine in India with a 3G carrier (and for voice), correct?
I plan to gift this phone in India as well, and so if 7R ROM works fine (even though it had a fewer numbers of supported bands listed than AR ROM), I will also go ahead and flash that on my phone.

jitensetia

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for confirming dude! Just to be clear, the AR ROM does work for 3G coverage in India, but you wanted to specifically limit SIM settings to 3G so that it would not waste battery looking for 4G signal, correct? So the 7R ROM works fine in India with a 3G carrier (and for voice), correct?
I plan to gift this phone in India as well, and so if 7R ROM works fine (even though it had a fewer numbers of supported bands listed than AR ROM), I will also go ahead and flash that on my phone.

Yes, even I specifically selected 3G only from SIM settings because I was missing some calls while on AT&T rom as it defaulted me to 4G in India

shikhanshu

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Yes, even I specifically selected 3G only from SIM settings because I was missing some calls while on AT&T rom as it defaulted me to 4G in India

So you haven't tried the AR (not AT&T) ROM - product code 059X227? That is Argentina country variant ROM (no carrier) and supposedly has more bands in 3G and 4G spectrum supported. So I have flashed that one instead of 059X153. I hope mine works fine in India too.

jitensetia

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
So you haven't tried the AR (not AT&T) ROM - product code 059X227? That is Argentina country variant ROM (no carrier) and supposedly has more bands in 3G and 4G spectrum supported. So I have flashed that one instead of 059X153. I hope mine works fine in India too.

Correct I didnt tried AR one, and yes I'm in India and 7R rom 059X153 is working fine in India... I think your mentioned one would also work well.

Pirate Arr

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
To get Windows 10 officially on my T-Mobile 640 was upgrade using Release Previews and once there choose Production builds in the Insider App and you'll receive the update to the official Windows 10 Production Built. Visual voicemail works completely including even WiFi calling

#TeamLumia 950 XL

statelawdog

May 11, 2016
Visit site
Complete Newbie here so please be patient with my obvious ignorance.
I purchased an ATT unlocked version from an Amazon retailer so I do not have a unlock code. Do I have to have this code to rebrand my phone. It accepted my Tmo sim card and I can make calls and send text.

Second: When I go to the Mrcrab page and enter the product code to get the ROM 1073 files there are 14 files there. Do I download all 14?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon