Screen light leak appeared after 1-2 months of buying the phone.

nyolc8

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi!

I bought my phone for about 1-2 months ago, and since a few days ago, I got a slight light leak at the bottom left corner of the screen. It's definitely appeared now, because I checked my screen after buying the phone for light leak issues (I had light leak issue with my 520, that's why I checked it) and didn't have any. If I press the screen edge where the light leak is, then the light leak dissappears until I keep pressing it. My only idea is that the glue got loose there or something...

My question is, should I try the "hair dryer" method to fix this?

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Can't you get it repaired under warranty?
The only problem with the 'hair dryer' method is what if you loosen glue somewhere else on the screen?
I personally wouldn't.

nyolc8

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Well, I could, but I don't really want to send it into service for weeks... (I had to do the same thing with my 520 when I got it, for the same issue... ._.)
I hoped that I can fix this somehow quickly. :/
Thanks for your reply.

Btw is it common to a phone to get light leak after some time and not immediately when it comes out from the factory?

aybarrap1

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I have only had the light leak issue once after owning at least 10 phones. That was on the 520 after two years of abuse. It got dropped numerous times and survived an infant/toddler without a case ever being put on (the only phone I skipped on buying a car for). I would think it is not normal but I may have just been lucky.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
the screen is held into the plastic frame (which is independent of the battery cover) by two-sided tape. You guy the hair dryer treatment in that area, then apply pressure, to see if it sticks it back down. That is the easiest and least intrusive option.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes