Unboxed 950XL with Win10 - NO SOUND ON INCOMING EMAILS. How can I fix this?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Unboxed 950XL with Win10 - NO SOUND ON INCOMING EMAILS

Yes,
I got my Win10 phone today - everything is set up as it should but i cannot get any sound on incoming emails to ANY of my accounts.

Some googling shows that this has been a bug for quite some time.

What is going here? Why doesn't Microsoft fix this asap?

gsjansen

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Howdy!

getting email sound notifications on a 950 xl is a two part operation.

not only do you have to go into settings-notifications & actions to turn on notifications, you also have to open up the email app, then click the three dots at the lower right hand corner, select settings, and then select notifications. Then select, apply to all accounts, show a notification banner, (if you want on, but of course you do), and finally, play a sound.

then, whatever sound you set up under settings - notifications & actions, will now play properly! :excited:

untz

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi there gsjansen,

Thanks for replying - I'm the one who posted this yesterday as a Guest (didn't have my login).

Well, that's what's annoying me - I have done exactly that. I have enabled notifcations and sounds in Settings and also pr. mail account. Still no sound, while I can see when an email arrives. I get a notification on the lock screen, a small envelope in the action area (top of screen) and the tile gets a marked "1" on it.
But no sound whatsoever!

I installed a large update to my phone yesterday evening hoping that this would solve the issue, but no.

I get sound on my text messages, though.

Anyone else having this same issue?

Br,
untz

untz

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
UPDATE:

I got it working by doing the following:

Select an mail account
Go to Settings - Notifications
ENABLE "Show a notification banner" <- if this is not checked it will not play any sound.
Why this is linked to sound/no sound is strange.

If you do not want the banner to be on, you can go to Settings - Notifications & actions and turn off banners from there. You will still have sound, but no banner showing up.

Br,
untz

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac