Can't Get preview builds

xaeryan

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Tried using Windows Insider to opt in to preview builds for Win 10 Mobile, and every time I get an error:
"A connection error prevented us from downloading programs for you. Please check the date/time of your device and its network connection and try again."

So I tried setting the time to Manual instead of automatic; same error. I've done several hard resets both with and without restoring backups and all get the same error. I am connected to WiFi only - no SIM card for this phone. It is the ATT prepaid variant from WalMart.

It's been doing this for several days, so I don't think it's the actual server at this point, but rather something with my phone.
Any ideas?

cblokker

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

had the exact same error. This is what I did;

1. factory reset my phone (don't restore with backup)
2. use Windows Device Recovery Tool 3.1.5
(note) if your phone will not be discovered in this tool, try another USB cable.
3. your phone will install a version higher of 8.1 wich is good :) 8.10.14219.34 to 8.10.14234.375 (it was on my phone)
4. after update install the insider app. Make sure that you cancel al other automaticaly installed apps like Facebook etc.
5. after activating choose one the of the 3 options how you want to receive ur updates.
6. Now, go to settings > updates

Let me plse know the results. Good luck !

Last edited:

xaeryan

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Well, I'm currently on version 8.10.15184.160, which is the version WDR says is latest. I'll give it a shot anyway and see what happens, maybe the WDR image is better than the one I was on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon