Gear and flash with fake backcover

Phoibos

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I just got the replacement backcover in cyan from aliexpress. I turned off my phone to put it on, but when I restarted I got the infamous gear and flash logo (aka your ROM is broken). I then took out the battery and put on the original cover. I'm a bit afraid to retry putting on the cyan cover. Did anyone experience similar things? Does this have something to do with the phone not finding it's NFC/Qi-chips (which are only on the original backcove? Also, did someone try to peel of the NFC/Qi-Stickers and put the on the fake backcovers?

r2SN

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I just got the replacement backcover in cyan from aliexpress. I turned off my phone to put it on, but when I restarted I got the infamous gear and flash logo (aka your ROM is broken). I then took out the battery and put on the original cover. I'm a bit afraid to retry putting on the cyan cover. Did anyone experience similar things? Does this have something to do with the phone not finding it's NFC/Qi-chips (which are only on the original backcove? Also, did someone try to peel of the NFC/Qi-Stickers and put the on the fake backcovers?

I don't think so it's due to that. Happened one with my 520, soft reset fixed it. And about the phone not finding NFC,its like using your phone without the back cover(NFC). So it isn't due to that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon