Lumia 830 main camera error on new update?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 830 main camera error on new update

Hi,

I have updated my Lumia 830 to Win 10 and it was successful. However when my device was receiving the latest app update for the Windows Camera, the update installed successfully. It showed on my device but later when I opened the app, it crashed and gave me 0xA00F424A(0xC00D3704) error and the main camera is not working ever since. I have tried using other applications such as Instagram Beta, 6Tag and Lumia Selfie but can not access the main camera. However the front camera is working. I have also tried to roll back to win 8.1 by using the recovery tool but the main camera issue remains.

Here are the informations of my Lumia 830,

Manufacturer Name: RM-984_1000
OS version: 8.10.15148.160
Firmware Revision Number: 02177.00000.15184.36002
Hardware Revision Number: 1.0.0.0

Please if any of the nice people could help me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

bh5213

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 830 main camera error on new update

Of course not, but that is why I have a 640 to get me by until I can convince my wife to let me buy a new 950 or some new phone MS might release next year.

yc167

May 24, 2015
Visit site

Got myself a new lumia 830 from ebay recently, upgraded to redstone slow ring build 14372. Camera works fine, pictures are great, until I noticed something wrong: Rich Capture option is not there, I mean there's no such option on top, another missing is living imges, its just simply absent from the settings menu. I just hard reset my 830, both two are still missing, anyone got solution?

mosharraf96

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site

I'm also having this weird issue and it's getting on my nerve. I barely used my 830 a month. My camera got broken after updating to .420. It was gifted from USA and I don't have any warranty and Nokia care wants me to pay $80 to fix this problem. I'm thinking about ditching this phone and move to Android or iOS.

Y C Neo

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

Originally posted by yc167
Got myself a new lumia 830 from ebay recently, upgraded to redstone slow ring build 14372. Camera works fine, pictures are great, until I noticed something wrong: Rich Capture option is not there, I mean there's no such option on top, another missing is living imges, its just simply absent from the settings menu. I just hard reset my 830, both two are still missing, anyone got solution?

Did you check for updates in the Store? Current version should be 2016.404.191.0.

yc167

May 24, 2015
Visit site

I did. Same version as yours. Did a hard reset this morning, rich capture and living images still missing. Did insider build corrupted my camera?

YC Neo

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
I had this camera issue a few months ago, but some how the camera came back alive after some trial and error (including factory reset, rolled back WP8.1, update to official W10 when it was released etc). The only physical differences before and after was the removal of both the SIM card and SD card.
Just yesterday, I found a spare SD card and slot it into the L830, I didn't play with the camera after that. Just a while ago, I took out the phone to check the Store for apps updates, and I happened to accidentally press the camera button, the "something went wrong" screen come back again! I shutdown the phone, remove the SD card and power on back the phone, the camera came back alive!
I thought of taking video to show you guys that this error got to do with SD card (slot) and is replicable, so I shutdown the phone, slot in the SD card, power on and indeed I saw the "something went wrong" screen again. I turn off the phone, took out the SD card and turn on the phone, but this time round I'm not able to get the camera working as I expected...
I'll keep on trying and let you guys know once I manage to revive the camera.

something went wrong.png

dgjcm

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
How about your phone now?

My L830 camera dead today. It happened last year, but after 10 days it came back alive. I dont know how long does it take this time.

I used Lumia Phone Test Application, it shows the driver problem.

Here is the report.

QQ截图20160719222121.png

If you find out please let me konw. Thanks.

Y C Neo

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

Originally posted by dgjcm
How about your phone now?

My L830 camera dead today. It happened last year, but after 10 days it came back alive. I dont know how long does it take this time.

I used Lumia Phone Test Application, it shows the driver problem.

Here is the report.

attachment.php

If you find out please let me konw. Thanks.

It is still dead... This morning, the camera view finder did came back alive after I updated the Windows Camera app (ver. 2016.715.21.0), but it freeze briefly after. I killed the app and re-launched, it gave the similar error again..

Jovismith

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site

i also had the camera issue in L830 after updating to newest released official build 10586.494.. The camera wont start and gives a something went wrong error.... Previous official released builds of win 10 and on WP8.1 the camera was working perfectly fine for the past 3 years.. i dont think it is a hardware issue. after updating to 10586.494 the problem started.. but if i open the camera via lumia selfie app the front camera works but after switching to main camera the app gets hanged... Any suggestions to fix it? or have to wait for microsoft??

I also have lumia 550 which is on the same official build of 10586.494, but in that the camera is working.. DID MCROSOFT BREAK MY L830???:confused::confused:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon