Will Iris Scanner ever work in Sunlight?

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The iris scanner has gotten better over the last year but I still can't get it to work in direct sunlight. Do any other eye technologies like this work in sunlight? Any chance it will get tweaked to work?

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
It is unlikely without a complete technology change. It is an infrared camera, and sunlight is made up of crazy amounts of infrared light. Because of the same, the kinect does not work in direct sunlight. I have been able to use it (the iris scanner) sometimes but it is always unlikely in sunlight. I guess it depends on how the sun hits you. You could try using your head to block the sunlight hitting the camera and your face directly, but no promises.

anon(5590893)

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
NO, the iris-scanner was a big mistake. Holding it close to your eyes in public is just ridiculous. Not mentioning that it is not made for sunlight.

P4geD0wn

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
It is not just the sunlight problems. Try unlocking it right after you wake up or the middle of the night. In the morning my eyes are to -_- for scaner to work and in the middle of the night they are to -_- due to, to much light from the screen. -_-

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes