another reason why I luv MY L950XL

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
so here's another reason why I luv my 950XL, riding the bus to and from work I always listen to my music or sometimes tv shows and what I luv is that when I'm listening to my music through Groove on my creative wp-450 BT headset, is when I turn on and re-connect my BT headset the next morning, it automatically starts my music at exactly where I left off the previous day I stopped it. it doesn't miss a beat! LOL I've even went all weekend with not listening to music and then come monday turn it back on and re-connect and BAM! exactly where I left off... how the heck does it know? LOL makes using BT headphones so fun and easy! anyone else got thier own cool story? share them here!

Last edited:

ashyu

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I just realized how seamlessly I can connect to my work VPN and RDP into my work machine.

Here is what it looks like directly on the 950 XL, but this easily works just as well with Continuum, which makes it even better.

y3mUiDYkn8J7W4nvr7Xm3Ewp2x57l-niqA093QNL5ph6ny5LBYH5g4tVAPSE00bBs2VqOj6ia2e95ZWl2NBZXd7dQTKaPwF8yF6Je-shkqeKad1qhvcl_L8HASbSF2a-TX-3u77Vilb_UcWVuz086Z5wYw2nbInRmSqCNRpCkKc_E4

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I just realized how seamlessly I can connect to my work VPN and RDP into my work machine.

Here is what it looks like directly on the 950 XL, but this easily works just as well with Continuum, which makes it even better.

https://vvpu6g.dm2301.livefilestore...other reason why I luv my modern smartphone".

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
For what it's worth, (and don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking W10M or the 950XL!) the same VPN and RDP setup can be just as easily achieved with an Android or an iPhone. So the title could technically be "another reason why I luv my modern smartphone".

well I don't know if you're directing your statment to me, but I made the title my L950xl because it was specifically about my 950xl and not a general broad title about smart phones. also it wasn't/isn't about VPN's but whatever owners of the L950XL want to add what they like about thier phones and whether iphones/androids can do it also is irrelevant. but for myself I just wanted to show that even exiting Groove player and then connecting my BT headset and pressing the play button, Groove would open up and play my music exactly where I left off was in my books really cool... none of my other "SMARTPHONES" android/ios ever did this and/or even windows 8 for that matter...

ashyu

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
For what it's worth, (and don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking W10M or the 950XL!) the same VPN and RDP setup can be just as easily achieved with an Android or an iPhone. So the title could technically be "another reason why I luv my modern smartphone".
No doubt, you're right. I think for me, the possibly W10M-specific thing about this would be the Continuum experience. At that point, using the RDP connection feels even more natural. Technically, even for that, I could say that you could do the same with Android and iPhone if you hooked up the smartphone to your TV, say using Chrome Cast or similar. However, the experience on Continuum is still quite unique to W10M (at least for now?) as it still lets you use the phone separately from the Continuum display.
well I don't know if you're directing your statment to me, but I made the title my L950xl because it was specifically about my 950xl and not a general broad title about smart phones. also it wasn't/isn't about VPN's but whatever owners of the L950XL want to add what they like about thier phones and whether iphones/androids can do it also is irrelevant. but for myself I just wanted to show that even exiting Groove player and then connecting my BT headset and pressing the play button, Groove would open up and play my music exactly where I left off was in my books really cool... none of my other "SMARTPHONES" android/ios ever did this and/or even windows 8 for that matter...
Pretty sure his comment was directed to me :grin: Your original post asked other people to share their own stories, so I just added my own...

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
so here's another reason why I luv my 950XL, riding the bus to and from work I always listen to my music or sometimes tv shows and what I luv is that when I'm listening to my music through Groove on my creative wp-450 BT headset, is when I turn on and re-connect my BT headset the next morning, it automatically starts my music at exactly where I left off the previous day I stopped it. it doesn't miss a beat! LOL I've even went all weekend with not listening to music and then come monday turn it back on and re-connect and BAM! exactly where I left off... how the heck does it know? LOL makes using BT headphones so fun and easy! anyone else got thier own cool story? share them here!

You know what the funny thing is? I recently just noticed the EXACT same thing on my 950 XL via bluetooth in my 228i. And i was thinking omg this is so amazing and then i wondered how unique is this or is it even a big deal at all? Does Android/iOS do this with their music playing apps?

Either way i super impressed the other day. I had to drive around the state (CT) for work and got in and out of my car while listening to a podcast on bluetooth (Groove via 950 XL) I would shut off the car, get out (not touch the stereo in my car nor the phone) Then i would go do whatever, get back in my car turn it on and Groove would not only automatically start playing but continue at the exact same spot perfectly every single time. And i did this at least 6 times and every single time it was perfect.

I have to say that Groove is probably the best or at least one of the best UWP apps that Microsoft makes for both mobile and desktop. Although i still use Winamp for desktop because it has functionality that Groove will probably never be able to match or replace.

Side question: is Groove available on other platforms? Either way, what is it competing with on iOS and Android. And i dont mean streaming music services per se, but apps that are designed to just play back audio mp3 or otherwise?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon