Continuum Xbox One Controller

selfxd

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I managed to get Continuum working with the registry hack out there. I bought a Xbox One controller thinking I could use it with my phone. I have a micro USB to USB adapter but nothing happens when plugging into my phone. It is not an official controller tho. But I also thought I should be able to plug in a wireless mouse or keyboard when I plug those in as well nothing happens.
Fluke that both these devices don't work or is there drivers I need since it's not an official continuum device?

selfxd

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Also I just got the device of Ebay and it's a rm-938-ita. Should that mean it has wireless charging? I don't see the dots on the back cover but people seem to say this version supports it.

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
AFAIK, Lumia 1520 doesn't support OTG standard, hence it will not recognize any input device connected to its micro-USB port.
What you can try is connecting it via Bluetooth. I'm not sure it would work the same as it works via Bluetooth on a PC. I'll give it a try later when I'm at home.

By the way, what's the Continuum relation with this connection? Are you trying to use the controller to navigate on the phone, while in Continuum mode?

Edit: Just noticed you mentioned it's not an official controller. I'm not sure it would work exactly as the official one. Are all the specs same?

selfxd

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok but just so everyone knows the Xbox One controller does connect via BT and as long as the emulator supports it your good to go.
It's ridiculous how well this phone can still multitask today. Temple run 2 and can still emulate another game on the big screen no stuttering at all.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Also I just got the device of Ebay and it's a rm-938-ita. Should that mean it has wireless charging? I don't see the dots on the back cover but people seem to say this version supports it.

That's a common misperception... RM-938 is not ita...It is LTA all in lower case = lta, but many believe it is ita for "italy" when it is LTA for LaTin America.

The dots on the back are pogo pins. Those only appear on the RM-940 variant for AT&T. They are there for contacts to use a charging "shell" or "case" or "jacket" to enable PMA (PowerMat) wireless charging. AT&T was/is part of the PMA consortium so they had the Qi stripped out of their 1520 variant and the PMA w/ jacket compatibility added in. They also cut the internal storage in half. I've never heard anybody explain why they did that.

Your RM-938 (AKA 1520.3) does have Qi wireless charging built in and no "jacket" required. Just plonk it down on a Qi pad. Same as an RM-937 (World) variant or an RM-939 (China market) variant.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster