Why Does Facebook take so Long to Load?

richv77

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
For quite a while now I have noticed that it takes about 5-7 seconds for Facebook to load.
I should be using the latest version. When I went to Rate and Review it, I see a message that states "This app needs hardware your device doesn't have, hindering app performance". What's up with that?

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich

cnashx

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
I usually use SlimSocial instead of facebook. Although that also has some issues like sometimes not letting you type any text in status updates.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah Facebook and Messenger app is the bane of every Windows Phone user.

A lot of times I have observed that Windows 10 Mobile performance is judged by the stability of the Facebook/Messenger app.
Your best bet is to send FB feedback directly either by writing a review or going to Help & Support > Report a Problem

For my regular news feed browsing, I use Slim Social, it's a web wrapper but it gets the job done especially in terms of speed.
The Windows platform has always thrived on third party alternatives so Slim Social is a very welcome addition to the library.

Slim Social for Facebook
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/slimsocial-for-facebook/9nblggh4vmr8

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Whether it be 5-7, or 14 seconds, It's unacceptable for windows phone users, keep sending FB feedback through their app that the app sucks

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I hated the official app on W10, haven't used it in months. Last week I installed it back on my L1520, and surprise surprise, it ran more smoothly and crash-free than it used to. Previously it used to just freeze upon start... so I was happy squirrel for a while.

I went on to install it on my wife's L1520... which made her happy with all the functionality... Unfortunately, the freeze started to reappear, esp scrolling. Stranger still, it only happens on her Lumia but not mine. It's enough for her to ask me to get her a midrange Android phone replacement. Horrors!!!

...!!

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
They haven't optimized it very well and as of now they have the minimum requirements for the app set to 2gb of ram.

They rarely update it maybe once every couple of months. Poor development of this app. Strangely enough it works better on pc and even has the live feature

Sent from Idol 4S

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
My girlfriend sometimes expresses resentment for her Lumia 640 solely because of the s#!++y FB and messenger app.
I installed Slim Social and it silenced her for the most part.

FB really has to get it together, as a community I think we should send them feedback through the app always expressing our disappointment as users.

At least the Instagram app is making constant regular progress.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
My girlfriend sometimes expresses resentment for her Lumia 640 solely because of the s#!++y FB and messenger app.
I installed Slim Social and it silenced her for the most part.

FB really has to get it together, as a community I think we should send them feedback through the app always expressing our disappointment as users.

At least the Instagram app is making constant regular progress.

That's what's so frustrating. The Instagram app is actually really good, so they must know what they're doing. Why can't they get it together for their other apps?

jslice7

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I recently switched to a 650 from a 640. While installing apps on the 650 I was surprised to have the ability of downloading the old Microsoft version of Facebook. Found it in the library section in the store app. Of course, this version doesn't have all the new features but it is SO much faster. Plus I like having my cover photo be my live tile picture.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
because of the people who use windows phones but do not complain enough about it on feedback or forums.

Oh no, it's much more likely they're aware of Windows Phone's poor marketshare and Microsoft's attitude and are devoting a bare minimum of resources towards it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes