Reload some apps after reset question

jssmarathon

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I had to reset my hp but when it tries to reinstall some apps the store says apps not compatible.

Fact is they previously worked fine and I want some of them back.

Store will not allow them to be reinstalled.

Anyway around this problem?

Corwin_Amber

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Really, there is nothing to do. If it is no longer in the store, you can not install it. Even if you had the xap / appx file it still needs authorization from the store. And, this has nothing to do with the X3...

jssmarathon

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
thanks Amber, but that is the point.
They are in the store,
They previously worked,
but now store says apps not compatible

The did work fine befor reset of phone

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Do they say PC and Mobile? I found PGA tour but my 950 says the same thing and the app shows that it's only available on PC.

jssmarathon

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
WOW, I think you are correct.

What threw me off was that this was previously available for both mobile and PC so I guess it has been removed from the mobile store

I don't suppose there's any way to get the old app Back light Amber above said?

Corwin_Amber

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
First, sorry, I did not get the part about the apps being available but not for mobile.
Second, I suppose no - unsure about what would be the case, if you had the appx files...

Kogling

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I've had that error in the past after a reset...

Just make sure the phone is up to date and all the store download /updates are done and keep trying.

Just reinstalled Kindle to prove it's very much still in the app store for mobile.

jssmarathon

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I've had that error in the past after a reset...

Just make sure the phone is up to date and all the store download /updates are done and keep trying.

Just reinstalled Kindle to prove it's very much still in the app store for mobile.

Thanks, but of course my HP phone is updated and I did get all of the firmware updates and app updates.

A large number of library items at the bottom of the list of apps that state will not work on device

Kindle is just one of them, others include Wikipedia, mix radio, tune in radio, PGA Tour, ESPN , Merriam Webster dictionary, and of course some others that I would not expect to work on my device which are old Nokia apps

Strange if you ask me.

Kogling

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Mix radio was discontinued some time ago if I'm not mistaken, so even if you had downloaded it, you'd just get a thank you notice for supporting them in the past.

Kindle is still there though, as is ESPN, as is tune in radio, as is (dictionary) Merriam Webster.... Only one I can't seem to find is Wikipedia, at least not something that looks official anyway while I quickly skimmed.

If i remember I got that error with basic staple applications like facebook. I think I had to maybe reset and not restore....

I downloaded kindle as per my previous post , the others say I can get them, but I have not since I don't want them on my phone XD

Even the store site states windows 10 mobile running arm as a compatible device for these applications:
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ncrfj3sf%23system-requirements&token=mRhMail5

jssmarathon

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
You were right,

Even though these said not compatable, Kindle,ESPN,tune in radio,Merriam Webster installed and work.

but store app thinks they will not work still:)

Looks like a store bug

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes