How to remove eliteX3 back case?

saloei

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone. I want to remove the rear case of my elite X3 for spraying automotive grade urethane clearcoat. I've done it before on other phones and it works really good. I'd like to preserve the letters "hp" and give my phone a one of kind look.

Anyone know of a video or article on how to remove the rear cover?
I've tried YouTube and the Internet.

emmeborn

Elite x3 & Lumia 950XL Champion
May 27, 2013
Visit site
HP usually have repairmanuals for all their stuff. Have not found any for the Elite X3 yet. But I am looking.

emmeborn

Elite x3 & Lumia 950XL Champion
May 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone. I want to remove the rear case of my elite X3 for spraying automotive grade urethane clearcoat. I've done it before on other phones and it works really good. I'd like to preserve the letters "hp" and give my phone a one of kind look.

Anyone know of a video or article on how to remove the rear cover?
I've tried YouTube and the Internet.

Found a repair manual. I will send you a message. :)

Corwin_Amber

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Indeed there is a repair manual from HP officially available. Be warned, it will not be worth it, IMO, as it is all glued. I like the idea, though ??????
Can you maybe cover up the rest?

saloei

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, thanks for replies. I posted this question at another forum and received a response stating the possible but not worth the headache. The poster brought up the fact that taking the phone apart wasn't suggested as this phone is constructed with a water seal rating. Taking the phone apart and not putting it together correctly compromises the phone's ability to fight off water.

saloei

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I read the HP manual with hopes of taking it apart and doing what I wanted but saw that taking the phone apart was complicated. I found the entire process not necessary and abandoned my plan. As a poster stated which I failed to realize was the fact the phone has a water seal rating making the whole process difficult to complete without the right tools.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077