Elite X3 on Surface Pro

mcwgameson

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Maybe its just me, but I would really like to have a continuum window on my computer when I am at work. Here I have a Surface Pro 4 with a 34" ultra wide screen and it would be perfect just to hook up my phone together with the Surface and get the phone in a window on the internal screen on the Surface. Doing that would let me do everything on my Surface, like making phonecalls and sending text without the need to unlock my phone.
Or is there an app that would do this?

mcwgameson

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Its often like this, when you ask the question you come up with the answer. Found an app called connect on the Surface that did exact what I wanted.
Now I just wonder why it does not work when wired LAN is connected, and why not via the USB-C cable. It is not a great experience using the mouse with lag over Miracast.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
So you want to run continuum using the SP4 as your screen and keyboard/touchpad? I think that is a good idea, for those that don't want to use a lapdock, and want to use their phone. However, most of the phone features are on W10, except telephony. Perhaps that's the next Surface mobile, a W10 device that makes calls, small as a phablet, but can be transformed to a tablet big enough to attach a Surface type cover like accessory on it. The MS patents showed three and two pane lcd devices, I wonder which will make it. Foldable LCD tech is in its infancy, but MS might be the first to pull it off.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Apple is apparently working on something like that. Saw this article earlier in the week. https://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspence/2017/03/23/apple-patent-iphone-macbook-doc/#70213db032cb

hsmEGGz.gif

I'd love something like that.

Sent from mTalk

mryan55

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
This is 100% possible right now, as long as you have installed the Anniversary Update on your X3 (or any WM device for that matter).

1) On your Surface open the start menu and search for "Connect" -- there should be a result for a trusted Windows Store app installed on your computer

2) With Connect app running in the foreground you should see a message that "Device Name is ready for you to connect wirelessly"

3) Launch Continuum on your WM device and connect to your computer

4) By default, your computer keyboard and mouse/trackpad will have control over the connected Continuum device

N.B. -- WiFi cards must be turned on for both the phone and PC. You do not need to be connected to a WiFi network, but both must have WiFi on as the Continuum display setup is completed via WiDi.

As long are your PC is also on Anniversary Update this should be pretty easy! Let me know how it works and let me know if you have any questions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb