[bug] Screen always on since last update - hidden glance bug?

Kogling

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Since the last update I've had nothing but problems with my phone - I am now force resetting at least 3+ times a day and this problem is still prevailing after a WDRT reset.

So basically, there are two bugs.

1. Screen goes black and won't toggle back on. Often the red LED in the corner comes on when this happens.

2. Screen doesn't turn off and the lock screen background is permanently showing along with the top bar but clock and other overlays disappear. Touch is disabled. All that happens is the screen briefly flickers when it's due to turn off (auto or manually) and comes back permanently to background.

in either case, 1. makes the phone unusable and 2. makes the battery deplete excessively...

on top of this, map app seems to have turned into complete unstable garbage, almost EVERY application I use has problems resuming and needs force closing if it doesn't itself crash.

After WDRT I enjoyed (briefly) notifications blinking my screen on, but i guess after latest update this decided to kill it? quite often than not, instead of notifications coming in as they occur, i get groups occurring after 15+ min intervals.

Not sure about others but spoitfy still constantly popping up with audio couldn't be started, and web whatsapp is constantly saying my phone is't connected, which i have to load whatsapp up on my phone as an active application??

complete garbage phone at the moment!

jes1888

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
After I installed the latest update in regular ring, the creator's update, phone was weird, so I did a full wipe with the latest OS installed and all is working well so far, try that. As for the red led, do you have the windows hello function activated? The retinal scan?

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
You guys have convinced me to jump in on the Insider Fast Ring. The last update has been HORRIBLE and I paid Top dollar for my HP Elite X3. Things were nice in the beginning with the 2 firmware updates from HP . Then like you mentioned The Creators Updated causes Freezing , Setting Problems , Screen does stay on which drains battery and is quite laggy . I was trying to wait for another firmware update but with all that's going on with windows Mobile I give up!! . I may as well re-join the Insider Fast Ring[ I just figured that this device was Ready and I didn't want to Re-Set just to get a new Firmware from HP]

Kogling

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
That new update that came out a couple of days ago just made it worse.

I now have a nice blue screen saying "RECOVERY"

" Your PC /Device needs to be repaired

The boot config data for your PC is missing or contains errors"

bla bla bla

Going to contact HP and demand a full refund on this PoS. Time to switch to Android it seems.

Netwolf-irc

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
That new update that came out a couple of days ago just made it worse.

I now have a nice blue screen saying "RECOVERY"

" Your PC /Device needs to be repaired

The boot config data for your PC is missing or contains errors"

bla bla bla

Going to contact HP and demand a full refund on this PoS. Time to switch to Android it seems.

I updated to insider fast release bringing me to 10.0.15223.0. This is way better than stable. Apps launch faster, none of the battery drain.

Usage: < 24 hours. No lagging

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Installing that version now. Crossing fingers. I haven't used it in a few days and forgot how bright the device is, especially compared to ny Iphone or 950xl.

ofFhjL8.jpg

Kogling

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Really? That's awful! Mine is working better with this build. Do you have a link to the feedback you submitted?

There was another update today (even though it said there wasn't any before) so will see if this one does the trick.

Although my "windows update" has turned into "Ŵîņɗòwš Ůpďåťe" so my confidence isnt high XD.

I presume you mean insider feedback? No i haven't done any such thing.

Kogling

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Can now confirm the screen can still go black and not turn back on, on insider fast ring.

Starting to think it's the magnetic strip in the folio case doing it as I can't believe I have two phones now that do it and no one else seems to have the issue?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb