950 won't charge

ewgoforth

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

The battery in my 950 died and now when I try to charge it I don't get the "dead battery" icon message or anything on the screen. I feel it vibrate like it's trying to restart every few seconds. I'm wondering if buying and inserting a new battery will fix it. I've tried plugging it in without a battery to see if it would boot up, but it didn't. I've tried letting it set without the battery in it for a few minutes and then putting it back together and plugging it in with no luck either. I've tried one of my USB-C cables and a Micro-USB cable with a USB-C adapter. The Windows Device Recovery Tool doesn't detect the phone. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

DrChucky

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

The battery in my 950 died and now when I try to charge it I don't get the "dead battery" icon message or anything on the screen. I feel it vibrate like it's trying to restart every few seconds. I'm wondering if buying and inserting a new battery will fix it. I've tried plugging it in without a battery to see if it would boot up, but it didn't. I've tried letting it set without the battery in it for a few minutes and then putting it back together and plugging it in with no luck either. I've tried one of my USB-C cables and a Micro-USB cable with a USB-C adapter. The Windows Device Recovery Tool doesn't detect the phone. Any suggestions?

See if you can buy a replacement battery on Amazon. They have a very good return policy, so if that does not fix the issue, just return it.

ewgoforth

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I ordered a spare battery and charger but I was dead in the water so I improvised a charger. I took a spare micro USB cable and cut off the micro end. I then stripped the wires and figured which was positive and negative. I then connected the wires to my 950 battery and plugged it into a charging brick. My voltmeter read 10v across the two wires and no load which seems high. I left it hooked up for 15 minutes and checked to make sure nothing got to hot periodically. I then put it in my 950 and it booted up. I can now charge the battery in my 950, but it seems weak. I think this will get me by until the spare battery arrives.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes