OMG - "Verizon may soon start selling the HP Elite x3" !!!

aj173

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
Fake news. The phone is already a year old, and by the time it got certified and hit the shelves, you'd be looking at a phone that would be about 18 months old and one SoC generation behind current flagships. With the another SoC gen not far behind it. Two upgrade cycles is ancient in phone years, and carrier stores thrive on latest and greatest. Not to mention that W10M is a commercial failure that nobody wants. HP might make a Verizon-compatible version of this phone, but Verizon is not going to sell it in their stores or website, so you're going to be disappointed if you're waiting for carrier financing options to help you get your hands on one

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I, for one, couldn't care less IF Verizon ever sells it in their stores! One article said something about an MVNO and all I care is if it will run on the Verizon Network. Of course, just like the current GSM model, AVAILABLE from the Microsoft store, I hope the Microsoft sells it directly.

If ONLY HP, I will but it directly from HP as Verizon has become nothing but a "DUMB PIPE" and adds "zero value" to my purchase.

Any other "business people" that would buy this?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Fake news. The phone is already a year old, and by the time it got certified and hit the shelves, you'd be looking at a phone that would be about 18 months old and one SoC generation behind current flagships. With the another SoC gen not far behind it. Two upgrade cycles is ancient in phone years, and carrier stores thrive on latest and greatest. Not to mention that W10M is a commercial failure that nobody wants. HP might make a Verizon-compatible version of this phone, but Verizon is not going to sell it in their stores or website, so you're going to be disappointed if you're waiting for carrier financing options to help you get your hands on one

It is not fake. I posted all the certifications back in June. It has been fcc certified since the end of May with the new model adding LTE 13 and CDMA support. https://forums.windowscentral.com/u...vzw-sku-elite-x3-wifi-certified-new-post.html

Edit: I will add that I have an email from HP Support stating that the VZW model will not be sold by HP, and therefore they do not have the ability to know when the release date is. VZ is suppose to offer this one at their store. My hunch is that it will be a single sim device. Why HP waited so long to do this is beyond me.

Last edited:

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I've always believed one cause for W10M slowly losing market share was the lack of devices on Big Red's network.

I also agree some big HP customers must be demanding this in order for HP to put out the cost of going Verizon on a year old phone.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
It is not fake. I posted all the certifications back in June. It has been fcc certified since the end of May with the new model adding LTE 13 and CDMA support. https://forums.windowscentral.com/u...vzw-sku-elite-x3-wifi-certified-new-post.html

Edit: I will add that I have an email from HP Support stating that the VZW model will not be sold by HP, and therefore they do not have the ability to know when the release date is. VZ is suppose to offer this one at their store. My hunch is that it will be a single sim device. Why HP waited so long to do this is beyond me.

Super undercover work Nate W, but I also read something about "MVNO on Verizon". The fact that Verizon "appears" to headed towards carrying it in their stores (support people only know little) I am still guessing that some LARGER Enterprise customers "stimulated this to happen" and I really "doubt" that HP - nor their legions of partners in the US - are going to "wait" for Verizon to screw them over.

We shall soon see !!!

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I've always believed one cause for W10M slowly losing market share was the lack of devices on Big Red's network.

I also agree some big HP customers must be demanding this in order for HP to put out the cost of going Verizon on a year old phone.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

There is little doubt that the lack of Verizon "LTE support" helped to kill WM 10. My hates off to HP for pushing the Elite X3. Perhaps, Verizon "senior blood-sucking management" saw an opportunity to make $$$ off of HP's hard work in promoting and selling the Elite X3 to Enterprise customers?

Verizon would NOT being doing this to help people = so, there MUST BE "big orders looming"!

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
This would be great news to the few remaining VZW W10M fans. If existing X3's could be used on their network, it would be even better news.

L0n3N1nja

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site

This, I used to work for Verizon and they've got select products only available to business accounts sold by business reps, can't get them in store or even have a normal store order them in most cases.

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
This, I used to work for Verizon and they've got select products only available to business accounts sold by business reps, can't get them in store or even have a normal store order them in most cases.

Thanks L0n3N1nja, so what is your take on this as the current Elite x3 is a year old - is this "coming to the Verizon NETWORK" but NOT for "consumers"?

I don't care as long as I can order it from the HP website OR the Microsoft store as with the current GSM version.

ramtwins25

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

It seems this is not a new version at all. But rather, they are just unlocking existing bands on the same device. This seems to be what our HP rep was being told when called in to his support desk today. I wonder if all this time the phone was capable of band 13 but was never turned on?

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
It seems this is not a new version at all. But rather, they are just unlocking existing bands on the same device. This seems to be what our HP rep was being told when called in to his support desk today. I wonder if all this time the phone was capable of band 13 but was never turned on?

According to a Reddit session, last July/August 2016, the CDMA and LTE Ban 13 "radios" were "on-board" but NOT enabled (via firmware as I recall). There was also NO attempt at certification, and the "cost", which was most likely born by HP and occurred - as Nate W uncovered and reported - until THIS May 2017.

That's over 1 year ... so, WHO is to blame?

Actually, who cares at this point, as I just want to buy an Elite x3 form HP directly or the Microsoft store!!!

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

HP still needs Verizons blessing for it to actually activate on their network though. Which means a subset of device imei numbers that are on devices out there with that capable firmware/HW. I mean I doubt the current phones would be unlocked to move to VZ, right?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon