Finally put my lumia in the drawer

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Finally I ended up taking my pixel 2 from my drawer to replace my 950 as daily driver. It's been frustrating with 950 as it suddenly stops receiving texts u it'll I reboot. Random phone call issues like other person cannot hear me etc. Reboot fixes most of these issues. I've tried doing g a factory reset and setting up as new a few times. After a week or so problem creep up. I can't be rebooting phones to make sure everything works all the time

So reluctantly I've started using my pixel 2. Surprisingly the Launxher 10 app gives me the windows live tiles very similar.to my 950. So far I quite like this setup. Don't know how long g will i last with android. Lets see

Here is the screenshot of llmy homescreen
6a35392e615bdb302149530f3dd6e072.jpg

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I've put my 950 XL on the shelf; trying an S8+; i've tried a number of different launchers; like you, Launcher 10 is the one i'm currently using. It's quite unstable at first, but once you've got it set up, it's the closest to a real Windows phone that we can get..Screenshot_20180211-213749.jpg

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I've put my 950 XL on the shelf; trying an S8+; i've tried a number of different launchers; like you, Launcher 10 is the one i'm currently using. It's quite unstable at first, but once you've got it set up, it's the closest to a real Windows phone that we can get..View attachment 138721
Anyway to get the weather in a live tile? The Google tile shows the temperature at times but not all the time. As the current temperature isn't in the notification all the time.

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Anyway to get the weather in a live tile? The Google tile shows the temperature at times but not all the time. As the current temperature isn't in the notification all the time.

The live tiles are not as stable and constant as the 'real' live tiles on Windows phones; sometimes, they are up to date and working; other times, not so good. I've tried a number of Weather apps, and none of them display current data on the Launcher 10 live tiles; i'm still looking...

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Finally I ended up taking my pixel 2 from my drawer to replace my 950 as daily driver. It's been frustrating with 950 as it suddenly stops receiving texts u it'll I reboot. Random phone call issues like other person cannot hear me etc. Reboot fixes most of these issues. I've tried doing g a factory reset and setting up as new a few times. After a week or so problem creep up. I can't be rebooting phones to make sure everything works all the time

So reluctantly I've started using my pixel 2. Surprisingly the Launxher 10 app gives me the windows live tiles very similar.to my 950. So far I quite like this setup. Don't know how long g will i last with android. Lets see

Here is the screenshot of llmy homescreen
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180212/6a35392e615bdb302149530f3dd6e072.jpg

I've experienced similar with my 950 in that the creepy crawlies keep finding their way onboard an already lacking platform although my problems differ from yours for the most part. Love the Start Screen and its camera but since I already own a compact large sensor camera that rivals the 950 pointless in using it just for that aspect. Do find the launchers available to replicate 10 interesting yet not really wanting a constant reminder of "what was" we've stayed clear, and since these launchers (from what I"m reading) aren't 100% perfected think we'll wait a bit before giving one a try, if we are so inclined to do so. Still pretty cool all the same.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Aw, I can only imagine how this feels for you, considering how much love you have for the 950. I wish you good luck with using the Pixel 2.

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site

Forgot to say that i also use 'Next' app; it gives you the Bing daily wallpaper, and looks just like the Windows lock screen.....with Weather and notifications. Screenshot_20180214-095422.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon