Syncing Music from OneDrive

Lou Sander

Feb 9, 2018
Visit site
I'm a newbie at smartphones. Yesterday I uploaded a lot of music to the Music folder on OneDrive. All of it is in subfolders. None of it shows up on my phone.

What do I do to get this music onto my phone?

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Go to settings in Groove and setup the way you want.
For online music, at the top of the album, artist and songs list are the filters, set to show OneDrive music.
You can hold the tap on albums or songs to download to the phone for offline play.

Lou Sander

Feb 9, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for the help. I think we have come full circle in the area of computer use info. When I bought my first computer (Commodore PET) in 1979, it came with a 16-page manual. Nobody back then had much computer knowledge, and the sketchy manual was pretty useless. Every user had to figure things out himself. Then came the age of computer magazines, explaining how things worked, containing printed programs, etc. I had a pretty good career in those days, learning stuff and cranking out articles. Then big, thick books came with your hardware and software. Few people read them, so the makers stopped including them. Maybe you could get the manuals on CDs. Then the Internet kicked in, and manuals were widely available as PDFs. Now we have all these apps and capabilities on tiny screens. The help and the manuals are sketchy, if you can find them. So we are back to figuring everything out ourselves. There seems to be no place to go if you want to, for example, learn everything about Groove... what it can do, how it works, how to do specific tasks in it.

I'd sure like to get something comprehensive about the camera and app that are in my IDOL 4S, but I'm thinking that it isn't available anywhere, or if it is, it's in the form of a bunch of very short help screens. Sheesh! :sweaty:

People like you are truly valuable to us users, since you know the stuff, are available, and can explain it. That is similar to the role I played in the computer magazine days. Keep up the good work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon