At first, the app just refused to update, but now I can't even log in, and every time I try to do anything, it just gets hung up on endless loading. I uninstalled and reinstalled several times, but it didn't help. What's going on here?
    12-25-2013 09:06 PM
    At first, the app just refused to update, but now I can't even log in, and every time I try to do anything, it just gets hung up on endless loading. I uninstalled and reinstalled several times, but it didn't help. What's going on here?
    It's not just on the Lumia 2520, I'm getting the same thing with my Surface RT running WinRT 8.1. I think it is a bug in Flipboard.
    RodimusMajor likes this.
    12-26-2013 12:25 PM
    It's not just on the Lumia 2520, I'm getting the same thing with my Surface RT running WinRT 8.1. I think it is a bug in Flipboard.
    Really? Well damn, that can't be good...has anyone tried getting in touch with the Flipboard people?
    12-26-2013 12:50 PM
    Yeah, it's not working on Windows 8.1
    12-26-2013 01:53 PM
    Agree, very frustrating. Back to using Weave and News360.
    12-26-2013 02:53 PM
    I do hope some kind of fix goes out. Having Flipboard on Win8 was supposed to be a major victory for the platform.
    12-26-2013 07:36 PM
    I've contacted Flip Board regarding the issue and received nothing more than a canned response telling me to reinstall the app... I'm having issues keeping the app running on my Surface 2. The app hasn't updated in days and there are times when the app will not let me log in... I'm beginning to give up hope...... This seems to be the typical Windows 8 app in which the provider just gets something out to the store regardless if its garbage or not...... I'm not wanting to bash the platform but I've seen this play out time and time again with apps which work great on Android and IOS and are handicapped, limited and just plain don't work on Windows 8. Sorry, but that's how I see it.
    WillysJeepMan likes this.
    12-30-2013 09:18 PM
    I've contacted Flip Board regarding the issue and received nothing more than a canned response telling me to reinstall the app... I'm having issues keeping the app running on my Surface 2. The app hasn't updated in days and there are times when the app will not let me log in... I'm beginning to give up hope...... This seems to be the typical Windows 8 app in which the provider just gets something out to the store regardless if its garbage or not...... I'm not wanting to bash the platform but I've seen this play out time and time again with apps which work great on Android and IOS and are handicapped, limited and just plain don't work on Windows 8. Sorry, but that's how I see it.
    It started working again when I reinstalled yesterday, but by day's end it was right back to freezing and not updating. I've since switched to Weave until I hear something about the situation improving.
    12-31-2013 01:48 PM
    Resurrecting the thread, Flipboard works perfectly in my L2520.
    11-17-2014 07:18 AM