Problem with Flipboard on Lumia 2520

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
At first, the app just refused to update, but now I can't even log in, and every time I try to do anything, it just gets hung up on endless loading. I uninstalled and reinstalled several times, but it didn't help. What's going on here?

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
At first, the app just refused to update, but now I can't even log in, and every time I try to do anything, it just gets hung up on endless loading. I uninstalled and reinstalled several times, but it didn't help. What's going on here?
It's not just on the Lumia 2520, I'm getting the same thing with my Surface RT running WinRT 8.1. I think it is a bug in Flipboard.

simpkijd

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I've contacted Flip Board regarding the issue and received nothing more than a canned response telling me to reinstall the app... I'm having issues keeping the app running on my Surface 2. The app hasn't updated in days and there are times when the app will not let me log in... I'm beginning to give up hope...... This seems to be the typical Windows 8 app in which the provider just gets something out to the store regardless if its garbage or not...... I'm not wanting to bash the platform but I've seen this play out time and time again with apps which work great on Android and IOS and are handicapped, limited and just plain don't work on Windows 8. Sorry, but that's how I see it.

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I've contacted Flip Board regarding the issue and received nothing more than a canned response telling me to reinstall the app... I'm having issues keeping the app running on my Surface 2. The app hasn't updated in days and there are times when the app will not let me log in... I'm beginning to give up hope...... This seems to be the typical Windows 8 app in which the provider just gets something out to the store regardless if its garbage or not...... I'm not wanting to bash the platform but I've seen this play out time and time again with apps which work great on Android and IOS and are handicapped, limited and just plain don't work on Windows 8. Sorry, but that's how I see it.

It started working again when I reinstalled yesterday, but by day's end it was right back to freezing and not updating. I've since switched to Weave until I hear something about the situation improving.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon