Frustrating that touch based browsers dont have a function that recreates a mouse hover on a link.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
This more of a rant.

The reason I'm ranting is because this happened in front of a friend, who thought my surface is stupid because of this.

I was trying to search Google images for a wallpaper, should be pretty easy, I tried to change the size of the picture, to encounter a drop down menu that needs a mouse hover to work. I killed me while I was trying to just change the size of the picture, why is it soo difficult to code.

Of course I have a type cover 2, but the touchpad is just idiotic, because I have sweaty palms, the touchpad is most of the time irresponsive.

I hate you Microsoft for these small things. You could do better, just like everyone else does.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: frustrated, that touch based browsers dont have a function that recreates a mouse hover on a lin

Blame google. They haven't optimized their webiste ? Btw you could also use bing smart search which is very well optimized for tablets as well as Desktop PC.

Elitis

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: frustrated, that touch based browsers dont have a function that recreates a mouse hover on a lin

It's not easy to create "touch-based hover". It's not really even a software problem, it's a hardware issue. If they can get the proximity sensor to work with fingers (instead of the whole side of your face), it would be possible to have something akin to the Samsung Galaxy S4 (and I'm guessing S5) hover features. Besides, if you know the trackpad would be an issue, why use the desktop version of Google Images? If you would have used the mobile version, they wouldn't have had hover based events. Did you even try clicking (or touching) the menu? Usually opens hover based menus.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

I'm on my surface, why would I use the mobile site, and this happens with alot of websites.

Also the bing images doesn't give the option of choosing the size of the image. And I know its googles problem.

Anyway, can't they make it a click and hold for example. Or anything.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

It's not an MS-specific problem, I had the issue in iOS, Android, webOS...
but anyways, its really hard to do without something like a stylus digitizer, at least your surface has a touchpad option, a lot of others dont have that option, my Venue doesn't without plugging in a mouse.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea