The Official "I got an Xbox One" thread

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Well, my xbox one is back into its box..has been sitting above my wardrobe for the past 5 days. It's not broken, lets just say my fam weren't that keen on having the X1 in the living room lol. Uk does not have the One Guide yet :(. The games I got are not kid friendly either apart from Forza, my older bro is hogging the other TV with GTA V... (lucky sod got it free from my cousins as they replaced it due to discolouration banding along the top and bottom right hand corner though not very visible unless you know it is there). Soo right now I need to save up to buy a tv or monitor...:eck: lol, the money I saved from not buying the PS4 has gone into my pot for household bills due in 3 months time.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well, my xbox one is back into its box..has been sitting above my wardrobe for the past 5 days. It's not broken, lets just say my fam weren't that keen on having the X1 in the living room lol. Uk does not have the One Guide yet :(. The games I got are not kid friendly either apart from Forza, my older bro is hogging the other TV with GTA V... (lucky sod got it free from my cousins as they replaced it due to discolouration banding along the top and bottom right hand corner though not very visible unless you know it is there). Soo right now I need to save up to buy a tv or monitor...:eck: lol, the money I saved from not buying the PS4 has gone into my pot for household bills due in 3 months time.

Ahh man - hate to say it, but, Sucks to be you.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Can't he HDMI pass-through the 360 (assuming he is playing GTA on that) into the One? I don't get why your family would be mad a box was in the living room.

Shobiz

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
So after a week with my Xbox One, I don't think I could use anything else.

I have a 360 next to it, I dont ever think I could turn it on again. Why?

HDMI pass through.

Being able to switch from TV, to games, to Netflix, to Hulu, back to to TV, then snap NFL for my fantasy team is the greatest thing ever.

Forza is good too

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
My wife just bought me the XBOX ONE on Thanks Woo hoo!

I don't have any games yet. I haven't even opened the box. I've just been so busy.

But I'm still excited!

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
So after a week with my Xbox One, I don't think I could use anything else.

I have a 360 next to it, I dont ever think I could turn it on again. Why?

HDMI pass through.

Being able to switch from TV, to games, to Netflix, to Hulu, back to to TV, then snap NFL for my fantasy team is the greatest thing ever.

Forza is good too

I am so jealous of those that have a use for the pass through, but no use to me. Kind of hoping that the bring out some kind of companion device for the UK market.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Ahh man - hate to say it, but, Sucks to be you.

Yeah, its no big deal I was able to plug in the xbox one on friday after work on my bro's TV, I finished Ryse on centurion difficulty in over the weekend lol. However I should have chosen centurion difficulty for the first two chapters.. I didn't think I'd get hooked that easily lol.

Can't he HDMI pass-through the 360 (assuming he is playing GTA on that) into the One? I don't get why your family would be mad a box was in the living room.

Not the 360, his playing on the PS3 also I did plug the ps3 via the hdmi-pass through, so any hdmi device will work - i'm going to get myself a HDMI hub and plug that in to the xbox one :p then link my Laptop and PC. Also our neighbours come round time to time and they have little kids, so do my nephews and nieces therefore it would not be appropriate to play game like Ryse or Deadrising 3 in front of very young kids, (which I never do any way) but I can't say the same for my younger siblings hence why my folks and their parents will go mad.

slap0rama

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Just got it tonight and havent got too deep into it yet but I love switching back and forth between tv and video games. I got four games but didnt get to play much of all of them. I will have more time tomorrow but I am excited!

TheIsaacG

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Picked one up yesterday from gamestop, they had a day one edition someone had traded in but sold it before I got there. Oh well, as long as I got one!

Richard_Indy

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Ordered mine off of Amazon today. On the way home tonight, I went to the Gamestop near the house and was looking at accessories when the guy behind the counter said that they have some. I used my speedy Lumia 1520 to log onto Amazon and cancelled the order before it hit my bank account and walked out of Gamestop 4400 rewards points richer. It will be hard as heck to keep my wife's rule about not opening it until Christmas for the sake of the kids. I'm thinkin that I want to try to sneak it out of the box and update it and experience the console before the 25th.

sumothong01

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I got mine yesterday along with Ryse. Everything works good except for the TV controls. I think its where my Kinect is right now. Once Iget the on top of the TV mount and rerun the setup it should run fine. Hit me up my Gamer Tag is Sumothong01

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Just got my xbox one and I am loving it. I had to buy the bundle which included 12 months gold and 2 games to which I got Dead Rising 3 and Ryse:Son of Rome. My sister got me COD:Ghost. Really great system. Oh Yeah I also bought all the characters for KI

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Well I picked up an LG 42" LED TV from Currys a few days ago for ?280, so finally have been able to game for awhile without any disturbance. One thing I have noticed is the xbox one is not that quiet but its only noticeable if your sitting next to it (like I am right now - my room is not that big its a large study room).

Also has anyone had any issues with Kinect? the darn thing does not recognise speech half the time lol. When I first set it up it was awesome, controlling TV volume and the xbox 1 with just voice was bliss. Now it feels like the kinect has gone lazy and sluggish which is one of my gripes and the other is not being able to tell how much charge the battery pack has remaining. The only way to tell is when the force feedback starts decreasing and then stops. Currys have the double venom charge kit at ?12.99, each one lasts around about 17 to 19 hours, I charged up both and drained one, almost drained the second one now.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Just got my Xbox One yesterday, but didn't have much time with it yesterday outside setting it up. Since I'm from Finland, I had to import mine from Germany (I also have one preordered from Finland, guess I'll just sell that one away when it comes).

First thing I did I tried to go through the typical complaints and defect-types, but my unit seems pristine. Few software based glitches here and there and my biggest complaint would likely be the installation time off of disc. I know that it downloads patches etc first, thus why it moves very slow, but even when it's purely at the disc phase, it takes a LONG time to install fe. Ryse. Not a biggier, I played Peggle 2 while installing and time flew by, but it's certainly no lightning fast. Probably at 10% (or less) it said Ryse is ready to start, but I couldnt actually start the campaign or multiplayer until it was at 100%.

Ryse is the only "AAA title" I have at this point, I'm pretty much downloading all the demos available to try them out, but so far I've only really played Ryse, Peggle 2 and Killer Instinct. Ryse looks frigging amazing, better than anything I've ever had run on my computer (and I have a gaming PC :p). So far enjoying it, but I don't want to rush through it. I started out at the hardest difficulty available so I wouldn't just steamroll it (and harder difficulty encourages timing attacks and blocks etc better instead of just smashing buttons). Peggle 2 is lots of fun for both me and the lady. Killer Instinct is frigging brutal. Even at the easiest difficulty I'm having issues. Partially cos all the tutorials were for Jago and now Saberwolf is the free rotated character. I'm planning to get probably Orchid and Spinal at least, but havn't got around to that. Might get the Combo Breaker Pack, but I'm not all that big of a fan of fighting games. On the easiest difficulty the "bots" arnt very aggressive, but when they actually do something they usually do some huge 12+ attack combo that takes a quarter of my health lol :D

Voice commands and hand gestures are working like a charm. The only time voice commands typically don't work is when it's a user error and the command was wrong or I was trying my luck if it would hear me all the way from the kitchen :p My fiancee has no trouble commanding it too and neither of us are native english speakers. Hand gestures are really great and not a gimmick for me. I can do little things without powering the controller (and wasting battery) or having to find it lol. In Netflix using it was pretty hard when if it thinks you have your hand in a fist, it goes into the "scan" mode where you can select what part of movie you want to play, so after initiating the hand gestures I had hard time "getting out of them" without jumping around the movie lol, but that's more of a flaw in the Netflix app, as it will go into that "scan mode" whereever you hand is in a fist, as opposed to fe. having to "grab" the "timeline"/buffer bar thing. But both voice commands and hand gestures work really great and I love em!

I had previous experience with the controller and I loved it already months ago and I still love it, not much to say about it, Xbox controllers (well, at least 360 and One) are pure awesomeness, and they fixed the minor problems of the 360 to make it super awesome. I never had a 360 so I didnt have to "adapt" to the One controller, as I didnt have any day-to-day experience of 360 controller, I play 360 at my friends place maybe once a month or so, so I'm not exactly adapted to that controller in the first place.

Overall I'm very happy so far. Can't wait for new games to come out and get to try them. The software obviously needs more work, that's no secret, but in that regard I have faith in the Xbox team, it's gonna be very solid one day and I'll love it a little bit more every day! :D

Dave Bhullar

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Picked up mine from best buy yesterday. I used to have a ps3 so its taking some time to get used to the whole new experience but I'm seriously in love with it now. I still haven't figured out some of the basic things though so can somebody help me? The major issue I'm having right now is not being able to figure out how to message the players I just met online, on ps3 there used to be a 'players met' section but I can't find anything like that here. I'm also missing being able to sign in automatically without kinect/passkey. If someone knows any handy tips then please let me know. Also I have 0 friends right now on Xbox live lol so add me especially if you play FIFA 14, my gamertag is kickassonxbox.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The 360 used to have some recent players-list too, but the One doesn't have this (yet), MS has gotten feedback on this and it's likely amongst the "Live experience"-fixes they are working on as we speak. Same sadly goes for automatic login without Kinect, I don't think it can be done on the One yet either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes