The Official "I got an Xbox One" thread

Shobiz

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
There should be update sometime this week. Another one is schedule on March 4th and that should address the Chat issues.

Shobiz

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
The last update caused a couple of bugs. Black screen and saying "Xbox Off" doesn't work. With "Xbox Off," it doesn't allow you to say "yes" or "no"

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Shobiz - have you tried doing a hard boot? Pressing and holding the power button for 8-10 seconds until the machine reboots? I haven't had the 'yes/no' issues that some people are having. Of course, so I am able to listen to our TV in surround sound at the moment, I can't put the system in 'stand-by' some I'm doing full shutdowns all the time...

Dave Bhullar

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Shobiz - have you tried doing a hard boot? Pressing and holding the power button for 8-10 seconds until the machine reboots? I haven't had the 'yes/no' issues that some people are having. Of course, so I am able to listen to our TV in surround sound at the moment, I can't put the system in 'stand-by' some I'm doing full shutdowns all the time...

Yeah never had this issue as well

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I just got mine a week ago while Target had the $50 gift card with purchase...before the free Titanfall deal. I preordered Titanfall just this morning.

Shobiz..."Xbox Off" has never worked for me...you can say "Xbox On" or "Xbox Turn Off". If you don't say them that way, then they won't work.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
2389397-xboxonevoice.png

Here is a helpful graphic - all the voice commands of the XBOX One (pre March update).

You can add, "XBOX, broadcast" to that list now too.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I bet a lot of people leave the hdmi sticker on. I was going to take mines off but then the console just looked so lonely.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I still have it there, doesn't really bother me :p

@Keith, remember that the main fan vent thingie is on top of the console on the side of the power button, might not want to cover that with the 360. Or maybe you just put em like that for the purpose of the photo :p

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that was just for the picture. I think my sister said that either my dad or brother-in-law thought that the consoles were about the same size...THEY ARE NOT. That bod was reaaaally heavy.

Also, you'll be glad to know I skipped the Kinect setup, haha. Rivals is supposed to show up Tuesday, so not need for it before then. I need to clean my room so I can arrange it to hopefully have room to play that without smacking a wall or something. The positioning of my closet makes it tough though, because I'll probably have to block my closet with my bed, then put my TV/console on the opposite wall. Granted, I never use the closet, so it should be fine. Also have Forza, but haven't touched it, and Watch Dogs is pre-ordered and paid for, because I WANTED to get the Titanfall controller, not knowing it's not out until next week, and Best Buy apparently doesn't let you pre-order it online, my dad said.

Oh, and I had to spend the early afternoon checking that all 40 of my 360 games work for the eBay lot I'll have to make, which was fun (well, playing a few Guitar Hero songs one last time was).

gingerbeard87

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Got my Xbox one back in February. Really liking it, still lacking in the apps department but still good. Can't wait for Plex for it.

Sent from my RM-927_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

russmov

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
got mine at the end of march. I got the titanfall one which was kind pointless since I don't want the game lol. would have rather got forza 5 I think.

diego15nets

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Finally bit the bullet and ordered a used Xbox One from ebay. Came out to $310 with the kinect and extra controller so I thought it was a steal. Should arrive next week, hopefully no surprises. Waiting for the release of nba 2k15 in Oct. and the Dragon Ball Xenoverse in Dec., those will be the first games I purchase.

Wish we could use Skype without having to buy Gold pass.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon