Some TVs won't work with the Xbox One?Afraid

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Well I know that it won't work with non HD TVs, or with AV cables, but cnet reported that it won't work with all TVs. I'm really worried it won't work with my TCL. I mean my 360 did, so I'm not sure if the One will have an issue.

ImageUploadedByWPCentral Forums1385145363.674977.jpg

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I've not looked into the hardware specs too much, but surely any 1080p TV with HDMI would work wouldn't it? I can understand some cable/satellite boxes not working with the HDMI In, but HDMI out you wouldn't think there would be any problems. This may be a dumb question, but what do you mean by TCL?

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I think they're specifically referring to the Kinect IR-blasting feature. They don't appear to be saying that the TV won't display the image.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
But if I don't use the cable TV feature, it should work?

To play games, yes. The issue they are talking about is the ability to turn on other devices. When you say XBox On, the Kinect blasts out IR signals that bounce around your room and will turn on devices like your TV, or reciever or DVD player, etc. It's possible that if the Kinect/XBone doesn't have the codes for your particular TV and it won't be able to turn it on... if that's the case you would have to use your TV remote.

I had an Olivia LCD TV that, for whatever reason, would not work with any Universal Remote. It wasn't the fault of the remote, it was Olivia's fault for not providing the codes or whatever. (I have no clue how that universal remote stuff works....)

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar issue YEARS ago. my Xbox 360's universal remote didn't work with my old TV, though I ended up getting a different TV years ago and gave the remote to my sister and brother-in-law for Netflix and such (which I don't mess with).

anon(5326758)

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a Samsung TV and most of the remote commands work, just not on/off. so I can say "Xbox volume down" or "Xbox mute" and it works, but "Xbox turn off" won't turn the TV off. Meanwhile the Xbox plays fine. Sadly I have to keep using the Logitech One universal remote (instead of being able to say "xbox on!") until they get better remote support.

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Check for codes online. I have an old protron LCD that has a max resolution of 1080i. The Xbox couldn't communicate with it until I found a couple remote codes online. Everything works now!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac