My Xbox One experience has emotionally scarred me.. Share your stories!

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
i am going to replace my unit this saturday, front panel scratched + console cannot be turned off (always freezes on turn off dialog). considering it's sold out everywhere, I problaby won't receive any replacement for several weeks. Thank you MS!

Wow that sucks.. I'm going to follow up today with MS regarding my replacement. I received notice they have my broken console but I still don't trust them to send me a replacement copy of Fifa that was stuck inside it. Let's see if they manage to screw this up lol.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Was it a redeemable code? Didnt you redeem it?

I bought the disc version originally. Which is now stuck inside it. I was impatient and re-downloaded it on my temporary Xbox One because I didn't want to wait 1-2 weeks to play it again. I'm sure they'll send me a copy or a code I guess..

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Ah, that's good then. Somewhere in the US that is apparently quite common. Might've been a different company (USPS? does such exist? :D), but I've read stories of people getting their Xboxes stolen when the delivery guy just left it at the doorstep.

USPS is the general mail service, which doesn't usually handle anything but packages small enough to fit in a mailbox. With UPS/FedEx, they usually ask for a signature for some items, though I'm not sure what the requirements are for that. What some drivers would do is leave the stuff on the back porch or in the garage, where it was out of sight, then leave the "we tried to deliver your package" sticker on the door and write that it's in the back.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm so sorry with your experience so far. One thing I HATE about Microsoft is that their support SUCKS! That is why I pre-ordered it on Amazon.

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Wow that sucks.. I'm going to follow up today with MS regarding my replacement. I received notice they have my broken console but I still don't trust them to send me a replacement copy of Fifa that was stuck inside it. Let's see if they manage to screw this up lol.

Haha, I ordered disc version of Fifa 14, it should be here in next days, but I won't have a console. :D

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I bought the disc version originally. Which is now stuck inside it. I was impatient and re-downloaded it on my temporary Xbox One because I didn't want to wait 1-2 weeks to play it again. I'm sure they'll send me a copy or a code I guess..

If it's not returned and you run into any issues contact Xbox Support and tell them you want to escalate the case to Tier 3.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if my issues will reach that far. Short story: xbox arrives, xbox is broken, xbox goes for repair, an xbox returns a week later with a load of scratches on the top, spoke to support, they say they have referred it to their security team. I thought that was a bit bizarre. Any idea on the likely outcome?

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if my issues will reach that far. Short story: xbox arrives, xbox is broken, xbox goes for repair, an xbox returns a week later with a load of scratches on the top, spoke to support, they say they have referred it to their security team. I thought that was a bit bizarre. Any idea on the likely outcome?

Weird that they would talk about a security team. I've never heard that reference before when it comes to console repairs.

The outcome...honestly depends upon the agent handling your case. At the lower levels of support it can be variable. At the higher levels of support you find more consistency in how things are handled generally.

At least that was my experience. I left the support arena almost 2 years ago though...so much has likely changed.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I thought it was odd too. They suggested that they would be making a claim against UPS, which I thought was a bit harsh as it was clearly done prior to being given to the UPS guy. Bizarre.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Just when I though MS couldn't screw up my situation any worse I received my replacement 2 days ago. No voucher code for a free game download as promised was enclosed. Instead they tossed in a QR code for 1 month of free Xbox Live gold. Really?! And best part was they disregarded the fact I mentioned my copy of Fifa '14 was jammed inside the thing. I even left huge note inside the box when I sent it back that my disc was stuck inside. I called MS a week ago to make sure they would send my disc or another copy back and they reassured that wouldn't be a problem.

I spoke to MS yesterday and talked to a girl that sounded like she was about 16 yrs old. She stumbled around our 45 min conversation asking me the same irrelevant questions over and over. She apologized saying that someone should have told me that any accessories being returned typically ship 10 business days after the console. How does this make sense? And it's not an accessory. So now I've been escalated to some other team and shouldn't expect a response for another 3-5 business days.

I can't wait until this is all over lol.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I have to take pictures of the scratches, although I bet they don't show up on the photo.... I foresee an argument brewing. The one I sent to them was immaculate, and still had the protective stickers on.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
So just added salt to the wound.. Since my last post on Dec 12th (almost a month ago) my Fifa '14 disc that was stuck in the console still has not been returned to me. I've made 4 calls lasting over an hour each in attempt to get my game back or at least just a credit for a digital download or ANYTHING at all. My 3rd call was escalated to the escalations department and I was promised an email from this special ops team. My 4th call to them was to tell them I never got any email. On the 24th of Dec I got this email from a Tonya of the Advocacy Team at the Microsoft Corporate Office and that she contacted the service centre regarding my disc to try and locate it and have it shipped back asap. She also said to let her know if I have any questions to let her know. So I defiintely let her know a few things that we on my mind. And got no response as expected. In fact I've had no response since the 24th. I feel so helpless.

It's no longer even about getting my stupid game back. At this point I could care less for it. Why would I go 1.5 months without my favourite game on a console that broke the first week and I've had returned for the last month? I re-bought the game weeks ago which is probably what they wanted me to do. Now it's all about principal and customer service and how they plan to comp me for my time and frustration. At this point they've done nothing which is unbelievable. This experience in combination with my original post has made me never want to buy an Xbox again.

tommikovski

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I?m also on my second XBO. The disc drive of my first one broke down and made the loudest noise you could imagine. Horrible stuff ... especially with a game disc inside. It took me two weeks that my case got accepted by Microsoft's customer service and than another week to get my XBO exchanged. In total i talked with customer support about three hours. Over and over explaining my problem again and again and always getting the "we will work on a solution and let you know asap" answer. I?m so glad that this is over now, and i got a working unit and Ryse for free. At least one positive thing came out of this situation.

After all i still like the XBO and i?m pretty happy with my decision "XBO / PS4".
I hope everything will turn out positive for you guys still dealing with the support team.

Cheers,
Tom

Hengst2KSE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
If you go the Official MS XBOX One Forums, there was a thread well past 1000 posts regarding these types of stories. I pre-ordered from Gamestop, picked up at midnight, only to find out I had the disc grinding sounds/inoperable optical drive issue. I called at 8am Friday morning, got set up for the advanced exchange and went on with my life. On Monday evening my tracking number finally changed to show me that my device would be delivered Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, one week after my initial purchase. During this time, on Tuesday I believe, I contacted support and received a free game, I chose forza 5, for my troubles. The new system worked and it was all good. They sent me a bundle containing the system, Kinect controller and everything. I just swapped consoles and sent everything else back. One week later I received a package from MS with the power brick and cables, and a controller and headset, stuff I didn't need. The real issue was that anybody that had the misfortune of calling on Saturday mostly had their order info vanish from the system.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett