View Poll Results: TitanfallYay, Nay, or Meh?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yeah! This game blows me away!

30 85.71%
  • I was extremely disappointed by Titanfall.

0 0%
  • Meh, it's alright.

5 14.29%
08-02-2014 07:52 AM
275 ... 891011
tools
    I think I have something like 8 Gooser kills over my lifetime, but I'm still back in Gen 4 (haven't played in a couple of weeks). I was working on the Charge Rifle, which seemed really uninterested in giving me credit for crits.
    I found the best way to be rodeoing enemy titans. Charge Rifle is not an explosive so it doesn't hurt you like other anti-titan weapons when rodeod. However, the titan needs to have 0 shields, otherwise you won't get crits (as crits can only happen if there are no shields) so either you have to wait till the titan is at 0 shields or you just jump on and hope that someone else puts it at 0 shields. I found a good way to have arc nades at ready and throw them as you approach, they do a lot of damage to shields. But after you are rodeoing and they are at 0 shields, pretty much every shot you get off will be a crit.
    05-15-2014 12:27 PM
    Titanfall Expedition?!?! Who's in???
    05-15-2014 12:32 PM
    If I wasn't at work :P
    05-15-2014 12:54 PM
    My personal favorite is when I get joined to a game right as the epilogue starts.
    Especially when I already equipped a burn card.
    05-15-2014 01:13 PM
    Just played each new map once. All seem pretty solid, but it's hard to do good when I dont know the maps at all yet :P Generally speaking a bit rusty too when I've been mostly playing Thief lately to finish it up before Watch Dogs.
    05-15-2014 01:13 PM
    How much is it?
    05-15-2014 01:25 PM
    How much is it?
    $10, $25 for the Season Pass.
    05-15-2014 01:34 PM
    I'm admittedly tempted to buy the Season Pass because I have the Bing Rewards to get it free, but I also want to save those point to buy the upcoming pool game in June...
    05-15-2014 01:35 PM
    I found the best way to be rodeoing enemy titans. Charge Rifle is not an explosive so it doesn't hurt you like other anti-titan weapons when rodeod. However, the titan needs to have 0 shields, otherwise you won't get crits (as crits can only happen if there are no shields) so either you have to wait till the titan is at 0 shields or you just jump on and hope that someone else puts it at 0 shields. I found a good way to have arc nades at ready and throw them as you approach, they do a lot of damage to shields. But after you are rodeoing and they are at 0 shields, pretty much every shot you get off will be a crit.
    Yeah, it's just that Electric Smoke is so common that it's a bit of a pain to attempt. I was going to use that strategy at the start, but I got mad after getting smoked off 75% of the time, so I tried the sniping option. I think I'm at about 8.
    05-15-2014 01:37 PM
    Yeah, it's just that Electric Smoke is so common that it's a bit of a pain to attempt. I was going to use that strategy at the start, but I got mad after getting smoked off 75% of the time, so I tried the sniping option. I think I'm at about 8.
    Hmmh, I still think Vortex Shield is a far more common option. Although sometimes I do get into lobbies where it seems everyone and their moms have Electric Smoke. But at least if a few of them have it, you learn pretty fast which ones to not mount.
    05-15-2014 04:08 PM
    I'm admittedly tempted to buy the Season Pass because I have the Bing Rewards to get it free, but I also want to save those point to buy the upcoming pool game in June...

I just bought it... and I'm horrible at this game.

​I did it so that I could give you all a nice target to shoot at in all those new levels.
    05-15-2014 07:30 PM
    Just played each new map once. All seem pretty solid, but it's hard to do good when I dont know the maps at all yet :P Generally speaking a bit rusty too when I've been mostly playing Thief lately to finish it up before Watch Dogs.
    Hmmh, I still think Vortex Shield is a far more common option. Although sometimes I do get into lobbies where it seems everyone and their moms have Electric Smoke. But at least if a few of them have it, you learn pretty fast which ones to not mount.
    What's all this crazy talk about "know the maps" and "learn pretty fast which ones to not mount"?

I still don't "know" any of the current maps. I just run around and hope for the best.

And I don't study other teams to see who has what.

And I'm sure that those two things have nothing to do with why I'm bad at this game. Nada.
    05-15-2014 07:33 PM
    You don't need to study the other teams. It's just if you see smoke coming out of a titan when you jump on it, get off. The smoke kills you.
    05-15-2014 09:27 PM
    Hate to say it, bur I got bored of Titanfall once I got G2 LV 5. The game is just to monotonous. And it needed a real campaign...
    05-15-2014 09:29 PM
    You don't need to study the other teams. It's just if you see smoke coming out of a titan when you jump on it, get off. The smoke kills you.

What's with all this politically correct stuff? Smoking kills. Bah! I'm going... cough.. to stay... cough... on thi.... ack...
    05-15-2014 11:25 PM
    Hate to say it, bur I got bored of Titanfall once I got G2 LV 5. The game is just to monotonous. And it needed a real campaign...
    I would have liked a real campaign.
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    05-15-2014 11:26 PM
    Not any more so than any other multiplayer FPS like this, but I suppose you don't primarly play these anyways. You would've played the campaign a max hour or two, would've been a half assed story (compared to a real story driven game) and you would still be just as bored by G2 lvl 5.

I still think this game kicks *** and it doesn't get boring for me cos it's an online FPS.
    05-16-2014 03:01 AM
    Yeah but you can save yourself the effort by not mounting them at all if you know that player X has smoke anyways :D

Map knowledge does go pretty far though, I'm doing pretty bad on these new levels for now cos I don't really know where to expect people at all or where to go, so I just run around and get shot (in the back).
    05-16-2014 03:02 AM
    Not any more so than any other multiplayer FPS like this, but I suppose you don't primarly play these anyways. You would've played the campaign a max hour or two, would've been a half assed story (compared to a real story driven game) and you would still be just as bored by G2 lvl 5.

I still think this game kicks *** and it doesn't get boring for me cos it's an online FPS.
    Well, I'm glad you still like it. I'm not trying to convince anyone that the game gets boring. Everyone has their opinion. :)
    05-16-2014 10:06 AM
    Gears and Halo are two series that don't have short half-assed campaigns and still have awesome multiplayer. I think those are starting to be the exception to the rule.
    05-16-2014 12:26 PM
    The new companion app is super awesome, although it almost feels like cheating with that big real time map. This is how companion apps should be made!
    05-16-2014 12:35 PM
    Yeah but you can save yourself the effort by not mounting them at all if you know that player X has smoke anyways :D

Map knowledge does go pretty far though, I'm doing pretty bad on these new levels for now cos I don't really know where to expect people at all or where to go, so I just run around and get shot (in the back).
    Ehh, I don't let Smoke deter me. I just jump, make him pop it, wait 5 seconds, and mount him outside of the Smoke again.
    05-16-2014 01:33 PM
    Gears and Halo are two series that don't have short half-assed campaigns and still have awesome multiplayer. I think those are starting to be the exception to the rule.
    I think it's always been an exception to the rule. But I think it's easy to tell which game has primary focus on what. I see GoW and even Halo first and foremost as single player games. CoD and BF for example I see mostly as MP focused games.
    05-16-2014 01:54 PM
    I'm digging the new maps, especially swampland.
    05-16-2014 08:18 PM
    The new maps are AMAZING. Love it. And this whole thing about electric smoke is hilarious from a third persons opinion. Haha. If you see they throw smoke when you mount just jump off and use your Anti Titan Weapon and you get some free damage, & scare them out. If your to skilled and can't do that just hop off and put yourself in a good position to mount once smoke has dispersed.
    05-17-2014 06:33 PM
275 ... 891011