• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Newsletter — sign up now! Learn More

View Poll Results: TitanfallYay, Nay, or Meh?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yeah! This game blows me away!

30 85.71%
  • I was extremely disappointed by Titanfall.

0 0%
  • Meh, it's alright.

5 14.29%
08-02-2014 06:52 AM
275 ... 7891011
tools
    The 40mm cannon with the triple shot back when you had 21 rounds was pretty awesome.

While I do love the accelerator on the chaingun, I almost wonder if going back to the extended clip would be better. You can really rack up the critical hits that way with the extra accuracy. What to do... what to do....
    04-30-2014 03:59 PM
    The only reason I personally would consider Extended Mag over Accelerator would be if I had some specific reason to be very much about anti-infantry. I feel even with Accelerator you rack up those criticals at twice the speed anyways :D

With 40mm I preferred extended magazine over the burst though. Killing infantry seemed to become a whole lot harder as the burst seemed to have nonexistant splash damage, while as long as you had it firing single shots you would one shot pilots even if you didn't hit them :P And it wasn't really even that much weaker against titans either to just use single shots.
    tk-093 likes this.
    04-30-2014 04:03 PM
    For your entertainment. Everybody records their awesome moves, but I thought I'd upload some of my crappy ones from when I sucked more. I somehow managed to suck but still get some kills. Heck it was two back to back 30 seconds clips I pieced together for my suckatude.

http://1drv.ms/1kjbCFt

EDIT: Hrm, the quality doesn't look that good. Maybe I need to put it on Youtube.
    Last edited by tk-093; 04-30-2014 at 05:20 PM.
    04-30-2014 05:06 PM
    What is the best Titan weapon?
    Depends.

Versus Titian; If you're accurate, the 40MM w/ extended mags does the most damage, and right behind it is the Quad Rocket w/ rapid fire. If you aim isn't that great then use a Chaingun w/ accelerator or a

Versus Pilots; Chain Gun w/ accelerator is pretty much the goto for CTF & Pilot Hunter. If your feeling really accurate Then you can try your hand at the Quad Rocket w/ rapid fire. For Hardpoint definitely use a Triple Threat w/ extended mags. Clears pilots quick.

Versus Infantry; In attrition use the Arc Cannon w/ no attachments. Hands down the best.

Also I always use Cluster Missile, Electric Smoke, Nuke Eject and Survivor.

Just my 2c then again who am I lol.
    tk-093 and Black Lumia like this.
    04-30-2014 07:38 PM
    What does the Arc Cannon do?
    04-30-2014 08:02 PM
    What does the Arc Cannon do?
    The shot travels through enemies. 1 fully charged arc cannon shot can kill up to 10 Minions or 4 Pilots I believe. The targets need to be near each other though. Really racks up minion kills.
    04-30-2014 08:45 PM
    Depends.

Versus Titian; If you're accurate, the 40MM w/ extended mags does the most damage, and right behind it is the Quad Rocket w/ rapid fire. If you aim isn't that great then use a Chaingun w/ accelerator or a

Versus Pilots; Chain Gun w/ accelerator is pretty much the goto for CTF & Pilot Hunter. If your feeling really accurate Then you can try your hand at the Quad Rocket w/ rapid fire. For Hardpoint definitely use a Triple Threat w/ extended mags. Clears pilots quick.

Versus Infantry; In attrition use the Arc Cannon w/ no attachments. Hands down the best.

Also I always use Cluster Missile, Electric Smoke, Nuke Eject and Survivor.

Just my 2c then again who am I lol.
    Thanks!
    04-30-2014 10:44 PM
    So, to redefine my question, what is your favorite titan and pilot loadout?
    04-30-2014 10:45 PM
    I like a Stryder with a Chaingun and Accelerator, plus Electric Smoke, Slaved Warheads (the lock-on rockets), Regen Booster, and Big Punch. That last one is great for when you pop Electric Smoke, then have a titan try to walk out of it after you--smack him right back in that stuff.
    04-30-2014 11:08 PM
    So, to redefine my question, what is your favorite titan and pilot loadout?
    Atlas Chain Gun w/ Accelerator Cluster Missile & Electric Smoke. Nuclear Ejection & Survivor
    CAR SMG w/ Counterweight & RE45 as secondary. Active Camo, Arc Grenades with Enhanced Parkour and Run&Gun kit.

I'll post all my loadouts soon.
    05-01-2014 02:48 AM
    Stryder with Chaingun, Accelerator, Cluster Missile, Vortex Shield, Big punch, Regen booster
    Stryder with Arc Cannon, Cluster Missile, Particle Wall, Big Punch, Regen booster

Pilot: Carbine with holosight and extended mag, autopistol, mag launcher, satchels (or sometimes arc nades), enhanced parkour kit, dead man's trigger (only with satchels, something else if arc nades)
    Occasionally I like to use the LMG and a few other weapons, but most of the things remain the same
    05-01-2014 02:49 AM
    Titan:
    Atlas with chaingun with accelerator or extended mag and slaved warheads. Vortex Shield (I might try smoke again,) Regen Booster and Big Titan punch

Pilot
    Attrition: CAR SMG with counterweight, auto pistol, Active Camo and satchel charges. Run and Gun kit and Minion detector
    Last Titan Standing: Spitfire LMG with Slammer the rest is normal, maybe the Guardian Chip if I want to sneak up and rodeo some Titans. (Been experimenting with that.)
    Other types: CAR SMG with counterweight, auto pistol, Active Camo, and satchel charges. Run and Gun kit and Warpfall Transmitter. (I'm experimenting with that, I love crushing Titans)
    05-01-2014 09:41 AM
    I've unlocked all the hardware but the stupid game is not giving me the achievement. I'm not happy.
    05-01-2014 11:26 PM
    I've unlocked all the hardware but the stupid game is not giving me the achievement. I'm not happy.
    Did you check the Personal Stats -> Overview? It lists all the unlockable stuff so you can see that all meters are full?

Has anyone managed to get the achievement for this yet?
    05-01-2014 11:49 PM
    Did you check the Personal Stats -> Overview? It lists all the unlockable stuff so you can see that all meters are full?

Has anyone managed to get the achievement for this yet?
    I haven't I guess I can finish it tomorrow if I don't mind not winning lol. I know a few people who did finish it though.
    05-02-2014 12:25 AM
    Yep. It's full. I have a buddy who has it.
    05-02-2014 12:25 AM
    Smartglass says its 100% complete but still locked..
    05-02-2014 01:17 AM
    My new obsession. Using the warpfall thingy to rodeo and crush titans.

I put this short video together from three of them I did last night.

I apologize for the quality. I'm still figuring out how to do it with higher quality.

05-02-2014 09:03 AM
    I'm stuck. I'm 3 more rail gun kills away from being able to regenerate. (I got them much faster then I thought.. I kinda like it when you have fellow titans next to you laying down fire as well....) However, I still have not officially gotten the All The Hardware achievement. I don't want to regen and potentially lose that achievement and have to do it again, because it wasn't the most exciting thing I've ever done.....
    05-02-2014 04:25 PM
    I'm stuck. I'm 3 more rail gun kills away from being able to regenerate. (I got them much faster then I thought.. I kinda like it when you have fellow titans next to you laying down fire as well....) However, I still have not officially gotten the All The Hardware achievement. I don't want to regen and potentially lose that achievement and have to do it again, because it wasn't the most exciting thing I've ever done.....
    Take small video with Xbox Record Function, screen cap the stat page within TF (that's shows how much you completed on everything) and if its all 100% ill make Respawn aware via Twitter & Forums.
    tk-093 likes this.
    05-02-2014 07:08 PM
    Take small video with Xbox Record Function, screen cap the stat page within TF (that's shows how much you completed on everything) and if its all 100% ill make Respawn aware via Twitter & Forums.
    Thanks. I did a recording that is under my Live account called "all the hardware achievement?" That shows my stat page.

This is a screenshot of my Smartglass app that shows it locked, but at 100%

I'm gonna regen because I crushed those railgun kills and I don't want to look like some goof stuck on Gen 3. :)

wp1.jpg
    05-02-2014 10:46 PM
    So I'm reading the changelog for tomorrow, not very impressed. For starters, I don't ever think I'll feel good about spending $10 for 3 maps, it just seems like a bad deal. Even if you get the Season Pass, it's looking like it's $25 for 9 maps, or $2.78. DLC just always seems like such a rip-off...especially since we've gotten 0 of those alleged new game types and Killzone: Shadow Fall's devs said that maps were going to be free in that game.

That, and it really sucks how they're going to change the win/loss credit.

"Match win/loss credit - Players are now rewarded win/loss credit at the moment of Victory/Defeat, rather than after the post-game scoreboard period. You also now receive a loss if you leave a match before a winner is determined. Previously you received neither a win nor a loss if you quit before the post-game scoreboard."

If they're going to do this, they need to DRASTICALLY improve the matchmaking. Heck, it needs to be like the Halo: Reach matchmaking, where you cannot join an in-progress game. Having a loss counted against me because the world's worst matchmaking system thought that putting me in a game where we're down 0-5 in CtF was smart is going to be infuriating...especially when it does something similar about 7 times in an hour, like it did last week.
    05-14-2014 10:27 PM
    My personal favorite is when I get joined to a game right as the epilogue starts.
    Reflexx likes this.
    05-15-2014 08:43 AM
    Granted, I mostly play Attrition - but I haven't hit those crazy matchmaking results that you seem to have had issues with Keith.

I was disappointed that the new DLC wasn't up this morning (around 7:30 EST - though the playlist for Expedition - Variety Pack is 'clickable') after I'd gotten ready for work and before I left. I was looking forward to trying it out a bit before heading to Synod Assembly later today. Oh well. I believe it should be available now...

I still really like this game - even when my team is getting destroyed :). Though, I'm at Generation 5 now. I can already tell its going to take me awhile to get those Gooser challenges. I am not good at that part of the game. Haha. I think out of almost 60 hours played, I have ONE ejection kill. ONE! I'm one of those who are very happy that that challenge was knocked down quite a bit.
    05-15-2014 09:15 AM
    I think I have something like 8 Gooser kills over my lifetime, but I'm still back in Gen 4 (haven't played in a couple of weeks). I was working on the Charge Rifle, which seemed really uninterested in giving me credit for crits.
    05-15-2014 11:21 AM
275 ... 7891011