Sky Go app coming to PS4 No sign of XB1

scottygb2k

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Engadget are reporting that Sky has announced Sky go and Now TV apps for the PS4. There is no mention of the Xbox One at all. We know Now TV is coming this summer but the one we all want is Sky Go.

Here is link to article: Sky Go and Now TV both coming to British PS4s this summer

I really hope Microsoft can push to get this sorted as they are really pushing for entertainment device. Maybe Sky are not happy with Microsoft going into the TV business.

​What do you all think?

sjgore

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Can't remember where I read it, but a developer for BBC iPlayer posted that the BBC asked Microsoft and Sony for help with developing iPlayer for their respective consoles; Sony sent developers to the BBC and provided all the help they needed, whereas Microsoft ignored the request. This is why iPlayer was available on PS4 at launch, and it's still not even out for the Xbox One yet (although Microsoft claim it's due to Kinect problems).

It wouldn't surprise me if the same applies to Sky and their apps.

IrelandCeltic

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I'd imagine the sales numbers will play a large part too.

PS4 is outselling XBOX One by a lot in the UK, and to a greater extent in Ireland.

No doubt when there are enough XBOX One's out there an app will appear; much like how we've been waiting for a WP app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital