How long did it take anyone to download halo 5?

robbz94

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I've pre-ordered 2 days ago and it's been downloading since.. takes about an hour per percent. Anyone else have anything similar?

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you on some bad DSL or something? The game is supposed to be about 50 GB in size. Over 100 hours (1%/hour), you'd be going at a DL rate of 1.14 Mbps, or an entry-level AT&T connection (probably the 1.5 Mbps service). To contrast, I'm on Comcast. We have a 75 Mbps connection that usually runs at about 90 Mbps. You're never really going to get the Xbox to leverage the entire connection on a DL, but let's say I can get half of it going, 45 Mbps. That'd make the game take a hit over 2.5 hours to install.

Now, there was something on the main WC site about how the game was taking well past 100% to install, but since you made it sound like it didn't progress to 100%, that's probably not the same story here. I'd just guess you have a mediocre DSL connection, which you can check at Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test.

robbz94

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
No i'm using optimum's 50Mbps.. If i were to download something on my computer it would download the full 50Mbps.
it's just the xbox downloading this game.. every other game i've downloaded went full speed.. not sure that is going on

Div D

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I had it downloaded in half an hour and it was cool, the graphics were stupendous

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes