Can't update Zune software - HEEEELP!

quebert

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Bought a Lumia 900 yesterday and LOVE IT. I'm having a major problem getting the Zune software to work. I currently have an older version which doesn't detect my phone. WHen I try to update I get

"System Update Required. This Version of Windows Media Center isn't supported. Please update to Roller 2 for Windows XP Media Center 2005 or later"

My Windows is has all the updates installed, I tried un/re-installing Netframe, rebooting and reinstalling. And rebooting with a selective startup. Nothing's working. I really don't want to return this phone, but if I can't get this going in a few days I'm going to end up doing that. I know a clean Win 7 install would fix all that, but I'm not going to invest that much time when everything else on my system works and is set up exactly how I like it.

Ideas? :(

thanks

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
What does Media center have to do with Zune? Did you download tue latest version of Zune and install it on your PC?

quebert

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
What does Media center have to do with Zune? Did you download tue latest version of Zune and install it on your PC?

I would assume it has nothing to do with Zune, but that's the message the Zune software gives me when I attempt to install it. I have a version from a few years installed right now. It downloads the update automatically. I tried to download it manually just to see, and it gave me the same message.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital