Signed up with Microsoft Stream and could not access outlook.com

anil_shah

Jun 15, 2017
Visit site
HOW IT ALL STARTED

I signed up at the Microsoft Stream Preview website, using an Personal Microsoft Account ID, not realizing that it was a service meant for Office 365 for Business.

Usually Microsoft websites check if the account is a business account or not before accepting he email id. Microsoft Stream, however accepted my Personal Microsoft Account ID and signed me up, classifying the ID as a Business Microsoft ID and granting me access to portal.office.com with a Microsoft Steam subscription and nothing else.

THE PROBLEM THAT THAT CREATED

I have a grandfathered (from when it was free) custom live domain using which we have several e-mail ids.

Consequently, we were unable to access our mails at outlook.com which came up with a something-went-wrong error message when we tried to sign in.

A little research on Bing (yes, I am a loyal Microsoft insider) and I found that the solution was to switch my primary e-mail id with an alias, which I did on Windows 10 but not on Windows 10 Mobile (Lumia 950), which still gives the something-went-wrong error message.

THE SOLUTION AS I SEE IT

Besides, switching the primary e-mail ID with an alias, I was hoping you could help with a permanent solution.

Specifically how do I delete these accounts from Microsoft Stream, and cancel the corresponding subscriptions in the portal.office.com? How do I close these Business 365 accounts from portal.office.com.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
We spoke to Microsoft when we had some issues with old domain MSA accounts. Raise a support ticket via outlook.com. Took a couple of weeks for our issue to be resolved but they did it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro