Why is Skype so confusing.

iBandar

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I bought Office 365 student subscription which comes with 60 skype min per month. I log into Skype with my Microsoft Account. And there is no problem on my desktop. But on my Windows Phone 7.8, I can't log in with my Microsoft Account. Why?

Anyways, so I made a new skype account hoping to merge my Microsoft account with my new skype account so I can use those 60 min thats on my Microsoft account. But I don't know how to merge or link. When I click on edit profile, it says merge with you Microsoft account but when I click on it, it says log in using Microsoft account to merge. like wtf? makes no sense.

Bottomline, can I somehow use 60 skype min that I have on my Microsoft account on Windows Phone 7.8? :(

ExcaliburII

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
When I click on edit profile, it says merge with you Microsoft account but when I click on it, it says log in using Microsoft account to merge. - didn't you just answer your own question?

To link with a Microsoft account you need to login to your Microsoft account.

But you should be able to sign in with your Skype account on your phone also.

Cubeddd

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Don't use your phone to do this. Go to office.microsoft.com and sign in using your primary Microsoft account. Click your name and go to your account where you see how many installs you have left and you see where you can use your 60 mins with a skype account. Click it and sign in with the skype account you want.

There are lots of pages of help and procedures on the site so you shouldn't have a problem.

60 mins is to landlines only anyway.

iBandar

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
When I click on edit profile, it says merge with you Microsoft account but when I click on it, it says log in using Microsoft account to merge. - didn't you just answer your own question?

To link with a Microsoft account you need to login to your Microsoft account.

But you should be able to sign in with your Skype account on your phone also.

When I log in with my Microsoft Account it says my Skype name is live:XYZ, I don't know what that is. I guess I will have to link my new Skype account but how. I can't unlink from live:XYZ

iBandar

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Don't use your phone to do this. Go to office.microsoft.com and sign in using your primary Microsoft account. Click your name and go to your account where you see how many installs you have left and you see where you can use your 60 mins with a skype account. Click it and sign in with the skype account you want.

There are lots of pages of help and procedures on the site so you shouldn't have a problem.

60 mins is to landlines only anyway.

Stay in touch with family and friends with 60 minutes of Skype calls to phones in over 60 countries/regions every month.
Your Skype world minutes are active. Visit your Skype account

They are already activated when I logged in using Microsoft Account. In my Microsoft Account there is this weird Skype name live:xxx I can't even use that to log in :(

Cubeddd

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Do a password recovery for the account on the Skype site. If it all goes well, you can deactivate the minutes on that account and activate it on the Skype account you want.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wopkof