Quick Poll "Issues with your L920 Good or Bad"
View Poll Results: Hows is your L920
- 320. You may not vote on this poll
No issues working as expected
I am having issues
What a stupid question never ask me anything again
10-23-2013 12:00 PM
- Dave BlakeMod and Ambassador Team EmeritusI like many of you am enjoying my shiny (Color Here) L920. I read all the threads I can and keep hearing about all the issues people are having. As you might expect people are more likely to start a thread when they are having issues than when they are not. With that in mind I am taking a poll real simple this time are you or are you not having issues with your Lumia 920. At this point in time my White 920 is working perfectly in all phases.
If you have a Lumia 920 please vote.11-15-2012 11:07 AM
- Love this phone. I have the Black NL 920 and it's AMAZING.
The only issue I have is probably software related or could be a combination. I was hoping to have have NFC payment option through my cards stored in the Wallet like the Galaxy Nexus. But I was disappointed to find it does not have that feature.
I am just lazy to carry my wallet around :dry11-15-2012 01:46 PMLike 1
- 11-15-2012 01:48 PMLike 2
- I am having issues. My phone was working great, initially, but since I started tinkering with settings to help troubleshoot battery issues, I actually started HAVING battery issues.
On top of that, I have 3 audio issues that are problems... can't play WAV sound files (voicemail attachments from my email system that worked great on the 900), a TRIPLE ding (two text + one email notifications) while on a call (instead of just one email notice), and music does NOT pause automatically when disconnecting headphones.
I have to say that there is definitely something quirky about this firmware release, and I can't tell if it's Microsoft or Nokia to blame yet. Whether I keep this or switch to an 8X remains to be seen on how the companies handle these issues.11-15-2012 02:34 PM
- I haven't been able to find anyone with a similar problem on-line, but I recently had one heat and shut down issue.
yesterday I was supposed to have a skype meeting with someone, and i decided what a great chance to try out my phone with skype. The meeting went about 10 or 15 minutes, which, to be fair, is a long time to skype on a phone. I had the phone charging while I did this too, propped up on my desk in front of me. After about 10 or 15 minutes, the phone shut down, which I thought was odd since it was plugged in and charging. Then i realized the phone got REALLY hot on the backside, almost hard to hold it was so hot. I let it cool down before I powered it back up and it seems to be working just fine now.
Anyway, could just be that 10 minutes is too long to have a video chat on this phone, or maybe any phone.
Also, I am having some concerns with the battery, but it's too inconsistant right now for me to tell if it's an issue, or i just use it a lot because it's new.
Love the phone otherwise.11-15-2012 03:17 PM
- Need another option
Had issues, fixed now.
If the first two days I had it were normal, I would have put this phone through the wall at Nokia HQ. But then, pop, all my issues are gone/fixed and I love the **** out of this phone.
@FikeMernandez: See the other threads on heat and battery. Common solutions for your issue is to remove/disable nokia drive and let the battery run out completely (Seriously run that phone until it dies) then charge it completely full (A good 10+ hours works). While you wouldn't want to do this very much, 1-2 times can help with the L920s. I had similar problems at first and now can't seem to recreate them even when I try :)
Also note, several other people have reported battery issues with Skype.11-15-2012 05:00 PM
- I love my phone! It's been a fluid and fast experience.
There are always some weird things that it wouldn't do compared to my samsung galaxy s2 like not keeping wifi on, laggy notifications, no notifications from skype, and apps that produce a rotating lockscreen don't seem to work, and my phone seems to lock up if I put the phone on the wireless charger too long.11-16-2012 06:37 AM
The only issue I am having is the phone get HOT. Even a 10-15 minute call pushed to heart to where it is uncomfortable to hold to me ear. Going to ATT store today to see if I can switch it out. Just hope I dont get one with all the other issues people are having because my battery is great and everything else works perfectly.11-16-2012 08:12 AM
- 11-16-2012 08:23 AM
- Bricked after just 60 mins :( emailed Stephen Elop and actually got a reply!! Genuinely believe it was him to considering the other addresses he copied in and the style of the email which was very similar to those senior management in my business send....short & sweet.
However, I've not been contact by customer services yet so email or not I still have a Nokia branded paperweight.11-16-2012 09:17 AM
- Mine actually randomly shut down in my pocket. Couldn't get it to power on. I held the power, volume down, and windows home button for about 10 seconds and it came back to life ... No data loss and it hasn't done it again yet. I am not too worried. I also get great battery life on mine.11-16-2012 10:19 AM
- Mine was working flawless, got it a week ago. Awesome battery life, no problems, was syncing Gmail and had NFC on. Now I have the oversensative proximity sensor problem out of nowhere. I can't hang up or manage calls easily. I'm going to try a hard reset this weekend. I thought I was in clear.11-16-2012 01:23 PM
- Got my Black N920...should say ...Awesomeness redefined....was tired of old android stuff..lags and hated apple for its NO CHANGE policy....but this WP8 nice one....
I am gonna stick around this phone for long time....only problem that I have is with WIFI sleep policy. I felt bit weird that microsoft missed that key feature...had to buy app for it.....not too costly but i thought it was basic feature. Heating issue yes I have noticed it..i guess it can be and will be resolved with update..As Joe Belfiore has said update will patch many things..known and unkown to us....so eagerly waiting for patch...11-16-2012 01:41 PM
- No issue except the heat, which ended with the NFC being turned off.
Great phone. Had ten minutes talk time, about thirty email, about forty texts, took ten or so pics and uploaded to SkyDrive in addition to a couple app updates - unplugged at seven am, it is seven pm with battery at seventysix percent.11-16-2012 07:03 PM
- Overall I am very satisfied with my phone. I have had one issue and I don't think I am going to chalk it up against Nokia but Zenga. I downloaded the free version of words with friends and 3 times it locked up my phone and I finally got it to restart and now it is off. So we will see how it goes from here.11-17-2012 01:09 AM
- I can not subscribe to podcasts. I hit subscribe, confirm and get sent back to subscribe. This would not be a problem if I could use Zune software to sync podcasts. However the Windows 7 sync client for WP8 does not do podcasts well. Pretty phone + no podcasts = useless. This is my last ms device.11-17-2012 10:10 AM
- Windows Phones
- Microsoft / Nokia Phones
- Nokia Lumia 920
Quick Poll "Issues with your L920 Good or Bad"
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD