Quick Poll "Issues with your L920 Good or Bad"

Tempest790

Oct 3, 2004
Visit site
So far, I'm loving my Lumia 920. It's a better phone and OS than my old Focus and Titan. Plus, there aren't as many quirks so far as those previous phones. For example, the Focus had horrible bluetooth headset issues that were never patched or fixed in any way. The Titan had great bluetooth but fair to bad regular voice quality. My Titan also couldn't use Wi-Fi and cell data simultaneously for whatever reason. I'd have to manually switch one or the other off depending on whether or not I wanted to use Wi-Fi.

That said, the minor issues with my Lumia 920 are Nokia maps being very inferior to Bing maps. They should allow the user to pick which one to use. Battery life seems very good to me, but I disabled NFC for now anyway. Personal preference, but I like the power button on the top of the phone like the Titan but that's being extremely nitpicky. A few more color themes would be nice too especially in the blues. Why doesn't the EQ and Dolby work over bluetooth? It can't be that hard to make that happen.

Another gripe with the WP8 is the inability to pin the Internet Sharing to the start screen. I use that a lot. Maybe an app will fix that some day, although MS didn't allow it in 7.5. And maybe lastly, syncing with Windows 7 is garbage! They took three steps back from the Zune software. I can't even some playlists in WMP to sync correctly even though it did it the first time. I hope that sync app for W7 is just a stop gap until something more robust comes along.

Other than that, I'm very happy with my Lumia. I love most of Nokia's specialty apps. LTE is absolutely blazing here in the New Orleans area. I see download speeds from 20-30 mbps and upload from 8-12 mbps. Latency is between 70-90 ms and a couple of times hit 50 ms. This phone is FAST!

I can't wait to get my wireless charging dock. I also plan to get the JBL Power Up speakers too (even if it is overpriced; maybe they'll have a Black Friday special).

bitseizure

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Love the 920 - expecting nokia's stock to go up over the next 2 quarters by about $9.20 (not 8.20)

Gets way too hot, had it reset suddenly twice... hate that AT&T won't offer tethering to unlimited data users... hate that amazon kindle reader doesn't work on all of my books (again not a 920 issue, but effects my experience)

Love having visual voicemail back... Love the heft of the phone (doesn't feel cheap). Glass rounded edges actually feel nice - pleasantly surprised. UI is sweet and actually fun to use. Bluetooth works well with all of my devices and car. Love, Love.. Love the images stabilization camera.

sort of weird having all the different music apps sort of sharing...

bitseizure

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Love the 920 - expecting nokia's stock to go up over the next 2 quarters by about $9.20 (not 8.20)

Gets way too hot, had it reset suddenly twice... hate that AT&T won't offer tethering to unlimited data users... hate that amazon kindle reader doesn't work on all of my books (again not a 920 issue, but effects my experience)

Love having visual voicemail back... Love the heft of the phone (doesn't feel cheap). Glass rounded edges actually feel nice - pleasantly surprised. UI is sweet and actually fun to use. Bluetooth works well with all of my devices and car. Love, Love.. Love the images stabilization camera.

sort of weird having all the different music apps sort of sharing...

andraeseus

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Bad

Syncing with windows 7 is hit or miss. Some playlists don't bring gover all the songs. I am using the windows phone app. My play list shows 20 songs in windows media player but on the phone it only shows 9. Had to re-sync several times. Also, when syncing additional songs the desktop app deletes music all on it's own. Like.. If I add a check box with out unchecking anything it deletes and does what it wants.

Unable to download mp3 attachments (at least if I do I can't find them on the phone)

Had the phone for about a week and it froze twice. One of the times i had to do the reset to get it back.

unable to edit skype contact information

the unlock screen is buggy. Some times the picture i have set for it just sits there bouncing when I am swiping for it to go up so I can enter my code to unlock. I have to play with it a lot to get it to slide up so I can enter pass code.

Unable to view callers contact picture during a call. I can understand if the logic is the phone is to your ear so you won't be looking at it but I use blue tooth head sets often so I like to look at the phone and multitask while on a call. I wan't to see the picture there. Every one else does this with out question. Just seems like a no brainer to me

unable to sync calendar information from old phone to new phone. Syncing contacts was difficult nough envolving all kinds of behind the curtain wizardry to accomplish this. But no luck for contacts. I would even settle for integrating facebook birthday information in to the native calendar app but I can't do that either.

Battery life seems to become suckier and suckier then when I first bought it. Maybe I will disconnect some of my accounts so there is less syncing in th ebackground. I went to settings > applications > Background tasks already. I saw little difference. I find my self scared to go outside with out a charger and car charger

Last edited:

pmillen

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
My first smart phone. Bought it to use calendar and contacts from Outlook 2010. It won't synch. I'm paying for AT&T Extended Support so one of their agents spent hours trying to accomlish it. Time I'll never recapture through the efficiency I thought I would gain. A USB cord came with this white wonder. Why don't they use that to update Office that's supposed to be on my phone (I don't see anything familiar under that tile/button)? It looks like a costly mistake. Why believe a salesperson that's younger than my son? (Would you care to guess how many good ideas he's brought to me?)

gladesmellzgood

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I have nothing major with the phone other than daylight photos which I'm glad to wait for since the night time pictures are so awesome! Also I am loving these Nokia Exclusives, it makes picking a 920 a complete no brainer as far as Windows Phone go on AT&T.

meathead88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
So my 920 has been mostly perfect, with an occasional freeze (maybe averaging 1 per week). I have many random apps loaded.
However, I bought my dad one at the same time too, loaded basic apps for him and he has not had one issue. I setup up Hotmail and his company's Office 365 and he is loving life. He reports no issues and 2 day battery life.

I'm guessing all this is app related. The hurry to get apps done for Win8 is probably to blame, not the OS, firmware or hardware.

Same thing happens to me when ever we do an OS upgrade at work. SMS/SCCM installation packages are rushed through repackaging and testing, (for say the upgrade from XP to Win7) and this results in poor quality. Its seems at first like the new OS is to blame, but its actually, say, an app trying to lock a process like it did just fine in XP, but Win7 wont allow because of some new permission.

Factory reset and only run apps in their 2nd or 3rd revision for Win Phone 8 and I bet you'll run perfect.

anon(5401272)

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I like my yellow Lumia 920. The one issue I had was with contacts. After I transferred the contacts from my HTC device to the 920 with the Nokia app , I could not access some contacts. Trying to to do so, the phone went back to either the history page or the home page (depending on where I started when trying to click on the contact). I was able to solve the issue by deleting the LinkedIn app. My wife's Lumia 920 (Cyan) did not have the same issues. Other that that I love the phone so far.

dk0654

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Well after 5 hard resets and turning off nearly every feature which is the reason I purchased the Lumia 920 I get a whopping 3 1/2 - 4 hours with light to moderate use. Also the screen dims on it own and I keep receiving deleted emails until I log in on my pc and delete them.... Check a few emails, a few text to my family and maybe a couple of visits to this sight using data and or wifi.it drains fast. One other thing is you'll grain the battery while it's plugged into a charger. My other phones did not do that.

Sorry people but nobody can convince me to keep this paper weight. Bahh Bahhh Back to my iphone

muhlan

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: Heat issue

I read in other forums that the Sykpe app is a huge battery drain and that would explain the the heat. I hope Microsoft will issue an update soon to fix that

tarzanmarzan

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
The only issue I have is the occasional lock up. But I did have a heart attack one morning when my phone wouldn't turn on.

Went on this website and did the "hold - volume + power for 10 seconds" trick and I was relieved to see it boot. No idea why it happened.

Overall though, durable and sexy phone 😋

tehkei

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
my only issue right now is that I keep pressing the search button by accident!! I think I need a bigger phone my thumbs are too big lol. :winktongue:

wpoblation

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Got very hot on day one and big battery drain with minimal use (yes this was used minimally to see if I can avoid the 'new phone honeymoon effect') . I turned off Tap+Send afterwards. Got very warm, but not as hot (day 1) on Day 2. One random reboot on Day 2 later in the evening. Day 3 is about half way done, but not really using the phone that much except for setting up the Live Tiles. Haven't done a full battery drain and recharge yet.

azasadny

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I had the "battery drain issue" but disabling NFC and uninstalling Nokia Drive Beta seemed to fix that. A few minor issues playing videos, but no other issues. I'm keeping the phone and hope the issues are resolved sooner rather than later..

kbreezy104

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I have had one issue with my white L920 the biggest one is the Alarm. I don't konw if it's not loud enough but I do not hear it in the morning and it makes me mad because I don't wanna be late for work or anything luckly I always have a back up. Other then that my Lumia has been working awesome and I can't wait to see what else Mircosoft have to offer on there next update :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljwsrvv