Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

I am enjoying my glossy red Nokia lumia 920 so far. Can anyone please suggest me any good car dock/mount for it?

Will be getting this for my 920 once it comes in:

Amazon.com: Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount (Black): GPS & Navigation
    Thanked by:

I'm using the same mount I got for my 3gs 3 years ago. I picked up the two mount solution from pro clip. When I got the mount I picked up the adjustable size one and I've used it on my 3gs, 4, 4s and now I just opened it up for my 920 with the Belkin band on I got at att. It opens plenty wide enough for the 920 with a case and its hard mounted to the car without drilling any holes.
    Thanked by:

I actually just bought this one:

Amazon.com: Bracketron PHW-203-BL Mobile Grip-iT Rotating Windshield Mount for GPS: Car Electronics

I bought it from Best Buy since they pricematch to Amazon now.

It fits/holds the 920. The ONLY issue that I see is that the pad on the right is too thick to fit between the power and volume (if you want the phone to rest on the bottom feet of the holder). I plan on trimming the foam a bit, and it should be perfect.
    Thanked by:

thanks for your reply mdecker79. could you post a link to the one that you bought?

Global Posts
    911 Global Posts
    I'm looking at the exogear mount. Looks great! (for a universal solution)
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by yodies View Post
    That looks like it would be perfect for my needs. You'll have to review it in the context of the 920.

I personally am not a big fan of cd slot mounts

I got the igrip
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00999...wpcentral00-20
    It works better than my last one for the 900. This one does not grip on the sides that always pushed the buttons in, this one works excellent!

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sleewok View Post
    I actually just bought this one:

Amazon.com: Bracketron PHW-203-BL Mobile Grip-iT Rotating Windshield Mount for GPS: Car Electronics

I bought it from Best Buy since they pricematch to Amazon now.

It fits/holds the 920. The ONLY issue that I see is that the pad on the right is too thick to fit between the power and volume (if you want the phone to rest on the bottom feet of the holder). I plan on trimming the foam a bit, and it should be perfect.
    interesting. that's exactly the one I have in the car for my LG and my ZuneHD. Will try this in a little bit with my new Lumia920.

Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I was using this for my Lumia 900. 920 fits perfectly in it as well, already tested. Love the mount, very high quality.

Nokia Universal Holder CR-123 #CR-123 - Expansys USA

A wireless charging car dock would be cool.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Yes! A wireless charging dock! That's awesome I need one

Quote Originally Posted by erzhik View Post
    I was using this for my Lumia 900. 920 fits perfectly in it as well, already tested. Love the mount, very high quality.

Nokia Universal Holder CR-123 #CR-123 - Expansys USA
    So the 920 fits perfectly well in the CR-123? Or is it a tight fit? I saw somewhere online the dimensions of the mount goes up to 70mm, but the Lumia 920 is 70.3mm. If it fits perfectly well, I'm seriously considering buying this mount - looks very high quality!

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I love ProClip docks. It's a two-part system, where you buy a mount for your car (most cars have two or more mounting options, using vents or clipping in elsewhere) and then a separate holder designed specifically for your device. It's a bit pricey, but the holders use a "universal" four-bolt mount system that make them easy to use with any custom fabrication (if you need to have a shop build something special for your car), and the integration of the mount with your car is second to none. No bulky, ugly suction cups here.

The 920 holder is currently on preorder, expected to be available in ~2 weeks. If you order before midnight tonight, you can get 25% off using the code 12BLKFRI.
    Thanked by:
    Workshop2 likes this.

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pikablu0530 View Post
    So the 920 fits perfectly well in the CR-123? Or is it a tight fit? I saw somewhere online the dimensions of the mount goes up to 70mm, but the Lumia 920 is 70.3mm. If it fits perfectly well, I'm seriously considering buying this mount - looks very high quality!
    Im thinking of getting this one as well. I wonder if it will still fit properly with a case?

I'm using the same ProClip dock i used with my Samsung Focus S. Suprisingly the 920 fits even more snugly in it than the Focus S did.

I've used the ProClip for years on all my phones. I love it. It really is the best "custom" holder on the market. I suggest getting the one that swivels and charges.

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I am waiting for Brodit/Proclip also. Using my Omnia 7 as a car phone (for music/podcasts) until I can get hold of a mount. Has anyone found out availability for it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Workshop2 View Post
    I am waiting for Brodit/Proclip also. Using my Omnia 7 as a car phone (for music/podcasts) until I can get hold of a mount. Has anyone found out availability for it yet?
    Brodit told me they expect the 920 holder to be available in 2-3 weeks.
    I'd like something sleek with a wireless charging interface. Would be nice to just pop the phone into it and have it charge while driving without fiddling with cables.
    GSOgymrat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by philharmonik View Post
    Im thinking of getting this one as well. I wonder if it will still fit properly with a case?
    I just bought one through Expansys. I'll report back and let you know if it fits.
    Thanked by:
    philharmonik likes this.

Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pikablu0530 View Post
    It fits perfectly, and you still have small gap so you need to adjust the holder to tighten it. The holder itself is top quality, best mount I've seen. Very sturdy and doesn't shake when you hit a bump. Very easy to operate and looks amazing. I bought mine on Expansys as well.

When you put your phone in it, just make sure that side adjusters don't press on power button. If they do, adjust accordingly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_000293.jpg   wp_000294.jpg  
    Last edited by erzhik; 11-27-2012 at 12:28 AM.

Global Posts
    911 Global Posts
    how do you charge it while in the dock?

Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robstunner View Post
    how do you charge it while in the dock?
    there is a small opening on the bottom adjuster where you can fit the power cable easily.

Edit: picture attached. Whichever way you cut it, CR-123 works perfectly with my Lumia 920. While the adjuster blocks the speaker slightly, you can still hear everything perfectly fine.

Side adjusters are rubberized, so it won't scratch your phone. The holder is universal, so it can be used with any smartphone, except Note because Note is too wide.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_000296.jpg  
    Last edited by erzhik; 11-27-2012 at 12:38 AM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast