Backup not working?

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 925 on the 8.1 Dev Preview.

My phone hasn't been backed up for 7 months. Not by my choice, but rather by my phone's inability to back itself up.

Effectively, I run backup, it gets stuck at 97% and it says something about an error occurred, try again later.

Is there a way to fix this? Or do I have to hard reset my phone and then just hope it's lying and backed up the important things, like my settings.

It also doesn't give an error code. It just says it in the setting menu.

Thanks

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 925 on the 8.1 Dev Preview.

My phone hasn't been backed up for 7 months. Not by my choice, but rather by my phone's inability to back itself up.

Effectively, I run backup, it gets stuck at 97% and it says something about an error occurred, try again later.

Is there a way to fix this? Or do I have to hard reset my phone and then just hope it's lying and backed up the important things, like my settings.

It also doesn't give an error code. It just says it in the setting menu.

Thanks

I've encountered this problem with my L1020, along with a number of other members. There are many suggested solutions, but what worked for me was to delete the back-up first, and then manually restart the back-up process. You may also want to connect to a stable connection for the process, preferably through WiFi.

And, NO, you don't need to "hard-reset" your phone. If your phone says that the back-up process was not complete, chances are that it is telling the truth.:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz