Calendar app. in English

Rioghalmo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up a 920 and I am new to windows phones. I have a quick question about the calendar app. When I press the icon in the app to display the whole month day by day, all of the events appear to be on German or some other language. Anyone have any idea why? Thanks.

Youngbear

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up a 920 and I am new to windows phones. I have a quick question about the calendar app. When I press the icon in the app to display the whole month day by day, all of the events appear to be on German or some other language. Anyone have any idea why? Thanks.
I'm having the same problem too...

Andrew Foley

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
same

My calendar is showing the same thing in month view. I hardly notice due to the calendar being so small but it's there. All the appts are in a foreign language. All other parts are in English. Not a big deal, just odd. My coworker noticed it on his 920 first.

wp_ss_20121116_0001.png

-White Lumia 920

Last edited:

Tyresian

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
If you guys want to laugh... I believe it is in Latin, and this is was MS does for developers for dummy data. I'm not sure if that is what is going on but I can tell you it IS NOT a translation of the data.

I have a feeling it displays this dummy data that represents the number of events as there would be display issues and it would not be legible to most people. Hopefully they change this an allow it to display the actual beginning of the calendar event on each line.

Luke Kailburn

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Haha yup me too. I'm a heavy calendar user and thought "WTF HAPPENED TO MY CALENDAR!!" but then realized it's only when i view it in month, all the data is actually still there and syncs normal. Hopefully they get this resolved though anyways.
Here's to 8.1 right!!!

btcook

May 10, 2012
Visit site
One of my co-workers just noticed this today on his 920, hopefully Microsoft fixes this. Not really a problem but would be better to actually have my calendar data. Doesn't change my opinion at all on the 920 or WP8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wasifl