Dear Windows Phone... we need to talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightryder21

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
We need to talk. Have a seat. Please. Things aren't going well. It's not me... it's you. You made it nearly impossible to stay with you. You are the love of my life but I just can't stay with you anymore. No matter how hard I tried you made it more and more difficult each time. Where do I go from here? Lets start with where we've been.

I met you as the T-Mobile Dash. You were so new and so exciting. I fell in love every day. Then you got even better. The HTC Dash 4G! Faster, lighter, and you lost weight. You weren't yet part of the cool crowd. There was no touch screen but then you offered me the key board and the touch screen.

The HTC Touch Pro 2. You gained significant weight to bring me the best of both worlds but I loved you anyways. You came to me and said hey I can lose the weight but I'll lose the keyboard. I made that sacrifice.

The HTC HD2 you became and you one of my longest iterations. I created my romps to use you with. Even when you were changing your outlook (Windows Phone 7) in life I was able to use it with you. I must admit I did even put you in uncomfortable situations (Android ROM). I had you for 3 years. You ran your course and battery life just wasn't your forte any more. I was in luck though.

You came to me in a beautiful white and silver dress. I bit smaller but you came the latest Windows Phone 7 natively. The HTC Radar! OH how I loved you. You weren't the fastest but you had charm. The industry sway right and you sagged left. We had this going on for 2.5 years. There was a new girl in town though. A friend if you will.

Oh my, Nokia Lumina 925. I've never dated a supermodel before. Slim, sexy, and intelligent. Sporting the latest in the OS and a camera to kill for. You were my favorite. In fact you still are. You've aged amazingly well. Still relatively quick but life (battery) leaves you too quickly and we've needed to carry a battery pack around to keep you useful. I pack you with the latest beta OS to keep you fresh. You simply ware my favorite. Sadly, you have become impractical and it was time to look for a better you.

And there is a better you, Beautiful, amazing camera, large battery, and interchange backs. I was in love. However, you made it hard to reach you. You decided to go the niche route. No made for everybody. Sadly you would not be on T-Mobile. I could buy you outright but you are too expensive. When you competitors make it easy to afford them you decide that others would not get that privilege. So late one night I got tempted. Android. Yes. I said it Android. Apparently I've noticed you have gotten quite cozy with them for a while. I would not have to give up too much of you to go with Android. Her name? LG G4. And she is beautiful. Huge high resolution screen. Amazing Camera and a leather back that can be interchanged. The availability on T-Mobile and the payment plan sealed the deal.

I got her and immediately started to get her to be like you. It was surprisingly easy to her to get all my accounts with you. The only apps I miss are Fhotoroom, 6TAG, and MetroTube. However I am comforted by the fact I know have access to may apps that were forbidden to me before. Garmin Connect, Sony PlayStation Memories, Lightfoot, and VSCO. It wasn't even the new apps but the apps I had before are light years better. Waze, Songza, Spotify, WhatsApp, Clipboard, Amazon Kindle. So I've come to tell you that I am leaving with little regret knowing that it was you that pushed me out. Take solace in the fact that you will always be in my mind.

I would like to make a recommendation that we add an Android section for those living the Microsoft life within Android. It would be quite fun. I plan to make a separate post to show you guys showing how I "Microsoft'ed" my LG G4.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
There's already Android Central. Same network and everything. No need to have a section for recently turned Android users. Have fun over there!

To your points, MS is not making the phone out of reach. In fact the 950XL is cheaper than many of its competitors. And it may actually be coming to T-mobile. Who knows. Anyway, see ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abigial