Developing plan help needed: OneDrive as a backup service with no sync?

a_gunslinger

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I [finally] understand the difference between a storage/sync plan versus a backup plan. Onedrive being the former, meant more for syncing across devices. I have a small business using Office365 for almost everything. They have been placing tons of data in Onedrive. But the sync aspect is filling up there client laptops too much and too fast.

Onedrive is not the best backup solution, but its integrated into Office365 which is A) very useful for them and B) part of their everyday work process.

Within the Office 365 environemnt, could Onedrive serve as a just a backup service if syncing was turned off on the devices? And logging into Office365 required to get to a file they need?

While not ideal, would it work? Any caveats? Would an upgrade to Onedrive for business help?

The number of different options and logins for Onedrive and Office365 are too confusing.

All input welcome~

Thank you

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
OneDrive can turn off syncing for individual folders so I would keep backups separate from the day-to-day data and turn off syncing those backup folders on client's space-restricted devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria