Outlook in W10M?

davidD93

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Outlook in W10M

Having upgraded my L735 to W10M the end of last week (officially, not Insider Preview), I am confused as to how Outlook works now - there are now 3 Outlooks - Outlook, Outlook Mail & Outlook Calendar. Obviously Mail & Calendar are self explanatory, but what is the extra Outlook for?

1. As you can see in the picture below, earlier today, I got emails from both Outlook & Outlook Mail - why? what is the difference? why does one come through outlook and one come through Mail? ( I blacked out the email sender and desc, it was 2 different emails however).
wp_ss_20160404_0001 edit.jpg

2 You can set Notification sounds for all Outlooks through (phone) settings, and you set Outlook mail to "play a sound" through Notifications in (Outlook) settings - which setting actually decides which sound you hear when you receive an email, and therefore why are there two different settings for the same task? Or have I misunderstood?

davidD93

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Outlook in W10M

EDIT: It appears I may have found the reason for some of the confusion - another email account was set to also show notifications in the Action Centre - it wasn't when on WP8.1, so must have turned on during the upgrade. My second question still stands however.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeekshithSH