squishy power button

manwe

May 6, 2013
Visit site
so i just got a new 1020 and the power button is a bit squishy, i mean it has this odd creaking sound when i touch it and wiggles ever so slightly. it's a fairly minor issue, but i'm wondering if anyone had this get worse over time? if it's not getting worse i'm fine with it, but otherwise maybe i should try returning it?

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
my friend had this on his 1020 .... it didn't feel right to push and there was a little bit of play that made a creak ..... I got some wd40 spray oil ..... sprayed some onto a tissue ...... pushed the button with the tissue trying to squeeze a tiny little bit into the button and massaging the button as to oil it up a little bit ..... obviously if you go crazy here it could be very bad for your phone ..... if you are careful with how you do it you should be able to oil the button a little bit with a method like this ..... don't use to much , don't spray it direct onto/into the button and genrally do this at your own risk ..... however my friends button is now not squishy , it doesn't creak , it has a smooth operation to it ...... it was quite bad and annoying so much so he was going to take it to a care point or send it to nokia ....... I only tried this method as when I blew the button hard it wouldn't be squishy or click and make a noise , however after a few presses it would soon start to be a little problematic again ....... this is when I thought that maybe I could fix it with the method above and it worked a treat ...... does your button appear to work smooth after you have tried blowing hard on it?

manwe

May 6, 2013
Visit site
huh that's pretty interesting, i'll give that a try when i'm home next week. i blew on it though and that was pretty successful in making me look like a fool, not much else

Taigatrommel

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
My unit has a similar problem. However it didn't bother me as much to send it in to Nokia Care for repairs.I already checked where the next local Nokia Care Point is located, but they are almost non-existent her on Germany.

manwe

May 6, 2013
Visit site
My unit has a similar problem. However it didn't bother me as much to send it in to Nokia Care for repairs.
the question i have for you guys that had this problem is does it get worse? i find it a tad annoying, but i can live with it provided it's not the first step to loss of functionality

Taigatrommel

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
the question i have for you guys that had this problem is does it get worse? i find it a tad annoying, but i can live with it provided it's not the first step to loss of functionality
I know this thread is now over two months old, yet I'd like to report how my button hold up.
To my very surprise, the issue actually got much better over time. As of today, while it still doesn't feel as sturdy and well built compared to quite some demo units, the device at least recognizes pressing the key almost everytime. I am not even thinking about sending it in anymore.

I hope you'll get a similar experience with your 1020!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz