Still loving your Windows Phone???

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I own a skyrocket and NEVER once had to use a task killer....

This right here shows you have zero idea as to how android works.

I doubt you've ever even used a high end android.

I have not had any issues ever, and since getting ics, my phone is better than ever.

These arguments are ridiculous. People have no understanding of something but hate away.

This is the only forum I've ever seen so much hatred or disinformation.
Your honor, the defense rests.

Rocky IV

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Um...yea this isn't the topic of the thread. Posts like these kill the mood and ruin the community, this is one of the first positive threads I seen on this site besides all the doom and gloom ones. Anyway I can't imagine myself on any other OS other than WP and picking up my moms android or my sisters iPod touch reminds me of this.
The topic is a question, "Still loving your Windows Phone???" you can answer a question however you want.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

I have not had any issues ever, and since getting ics, my phone is better than ever.

These arguments are ridiculous. People have no understanding of something but hate away.

I never used a task killer on my motorola droid. It might have helped, but I doubt it. With the small amount of ram it had it had a hard time keeping up.

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Why is this an Android vs Windows Phone thread?

Did someone feel the need to defend a platform because someone didn't like it, or had a bad experience? What are you doing?

It's a Windows Phone forum, if someone talks bad about Android, even if it's a bad argument, read it and move along, why do threads need to become a Windows Phone vs Android discussion. Why?

Deal with criticism, and move along. It's a thread with a simple question: "Still loving your Windows Phone". Answer yes or no, specify your reasons if you want to, read other people posts, and move along. There's no need to defend any of the platforms.

Seriously guys, what are you doing?...

Mods, please close this if it doesn't get back on topic or/and clean it up.

smapor

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

you can replace the word android with WP7 in your statement and it also rings true.

1st time WP7 user and I don't have all these issues.

mhans311

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site

Did someone feel the need to defend a platform because someone didn't like it, or had a bad experience? What are you doing?

It's a Windows Phone forum, if someone talks bad about Android, even if it's a bad argument, read it and move along, why do threads need to become a Windows Phone vs Android discussion. Why?

Deal with criticism, and move along. It's a thread with a simple question: "Still loving your Windows Phone". Answer yes or no, specify your reasons if you want to, read other people posts, and move along. There's no need to defend any of the platforms.

The reason it turned into windows phone vs android is because someone mentioned he is not happy with his windows phone and is thinking of getting an HTC One X. Then people started telling him that android is a big mess and has a terrible experience.

I like windows phone a lot but I use android because it gives me a more full experience at the moment.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

Like I said before, if you don't like the misinformation and hatred you don't have to be here and see it. No sense in getting offended by what's said about another platform in a windows phone forum

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

You've never been to crackberry I see

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
So basically you T**** Android users and then hide behind the fact that this is a WP7-centric forum to try to justify it by saying we can bash anything or anyone and call them derogatory names but they either have to deal with it or GTFO? (as long as that anything or anyone isn't WP7 or a WP7 "******", I reckon?)

I almost want to report your post, but that's beneath me. Maybe someone else will...

Your hostility is teethering on illogical at this point. I really don't understand the reason for it.

Are you serious? The first two pages barely had any comments that one could say were even trashing Android or Android users. Then that djdtox guy comes in and basically stirs **** up and now you're defending that?

If so, you're an idiot.

Anyways, back on topic. Half loving my phone at this point. Loving it for the OS but starting to feel the need to switch up hardware; specifically screen size.

ngc891

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Still loving my HTC Titan, YES!
Coming from Android 6/7 months ago, my last phone Samsung Galaxy Europa constantly froze, crashed randomly reset itself and towards the end of its life shuddered to a halt when performing even basic tasks like sending an SMS.
In the 6/7 months I've had the Titan I have had to restart it once and its still as smooth since i got it.

poxme

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Got the HTC radar! Love the os...although lumia 900 or the titan looks amazing!

Sent from my Radar C110e using Board Express

brdl04

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

Topic of Thread.... Still loving your Windows Phone??

Answer:

I love Android, it has 4 cores of power and screens the size of Texas. It also has a green alien...

Did I miss something?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
friendly reminder!

- this is forum , people can post any complaints/experience/ personal preference as so long as he stays on topic and doesn't directly INSULT a member. as well as respecting forum rules.

- bashing Android might not be *constructive* but its allowed to be used as reference to compare to WP. as longs as the general rules are followed.

- as much as you can trash talk just keep it civil , and try not to have duplicates of the same trash talks.

5mainrules.jpg

NOW LETS HAVE A NICE CLEAN FIGHT!!!!

infamousdaveman

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm using my Optimus 7 since September 2011 and I love my Windows Phone.

It's weird, but the only thing that gets me down are the constant waves of unfair negative articles about Windows Phone, and all the trolls doing their thing on the forums.

But then I get reminded by people like you, that actually have and use a Windows Phone, that it's a fantastic OS.

I too can't imagine switching. I look at Android or iOS and they just feel old and completely stagnant, I'm also in too deep on how WP actually works, I just feel like a fish out of water using those other OS.

I became an active member on various forums simply because I kept seeing a lot of lies and unfair criticism of Windows Phone, and many other people like me are bringing the hammer down on the bull**** constantly being written around the web.

But I think that the tide is starting to turn, and like I said on another forum a few months ago, qualitity will eventually prevail over popularity, and Windows Phone = Quality.
I couldnt agree more, too many negative articles online that make you wanna strangle the writers!! Most of the time, they are so uneducated about the OS that they flat out state lies, misconceptions and falsehoods and then of course add how either iphone or android are "superior". What in fact is so superior? Specs? They mean nothing compared to useability. Ive launched a full assault on sites like Phonedog which typically skew WIndows Phone repeatedly and its fun to hear the responses back from the writers...and even funner to get all the likes and agreements from others who see what I see...that these tech sites are trying to make windows phone fail...and they will NOT succeed...its just too damn good!

infamousdaveman

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm closer to jumping to Android than ever before. The One X has such a great camera and display. I'm tired of missing features but I'm too attached for the Me tile and Other exclusives.
Imagine, a one x with windows...patience and you will get everything you desire by end of 2012...thats the beauty of windows phone, its going to evolve and eventually SURPASS the rest...maybe not in adoption but in useability, enjoyment, and most of all, stability...

infamousdaveman

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I'm in the tech industry. Ive had cell phones since the day that they came in a small suitcase. This is the first time that i feel the tech is getting sublime. To this point, it has been something that was intrusive and something obligatory to my industry. Now, this is a SIMPLE, unobtrusive device that I carry with me thar just WORKS. It's not something I have to manage, it just IS. Whether it's in my pocket or on my desk, I NEVER think about it anymore. I just check it when I want to. It's still able to meet all my tech needs, but it is becoming part of the background and letting me get back to the important things in my life. I find I am spending less time thinking and worrying about it. It's a resource that just IS.
I completely agree! It just works....I use it when I NEED to use it and Im in and out if I wanna, or If i wanna hang on my phone killing time, there is plenty for me to do, but its all MY CHOICE and its one of the main reasons Im so happy with my choice!! Windows Phone is like your partner, it doesnt work against you, it works with you, like a team mate. I dont feel the need to down other OS's to lift windows phone but just in relation to my own windows phone experience, my coworker was going to jump aboard but ended up getting an htc amaze. (his first smartphone) Everyday practically, he comes to me and asks how to do some of the simpiest tasks, and frankily, its hard for me to help him because its so complicated in comparison. Simplicity is where its at...

infamousdaveman

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm a Samsung Focus S user myself! I love how the Samoled Plus screen make the colors pop! I'm a little discouraged by Samsung's lack of support for the platform though. I'm ready to jump on the Nokia bandwagon!
Samsung is just waiting for Apollo to really bring in the big guns(their exclusive apps that they developed for Galaxy s III). I think the Nokias are fantastic devices but I wouldnt trade my Sammy Focus S for anything! (funny story too, I even wrote Mr. Elop to see if he would do a trade but Im glad he didnt)Its a perfect device, sleek, thin, gorgeous screen, fantastic camera and mine has been pretty darn bullet proof! It will definaltey be a tough decision when my contract is up...there are gonna be so many awesome choices int he coming years, its gonna be a treat picking out a next gen device...but for now, the Focus S has everything the other guys do..excpet LTE, and my 4g speeds keep me happy enough to not even worry about that now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz