Verizon HTC Windows 8 Phone.. Sync / Bluetooth Issues MAJOR

kimba4

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Hello

I cant sync this at all to any bluetooth. I tried in my car..(FORD FOCUS) 2012 . It has SYNC in it.
All my other phones sync just fine. What is up with this not working at all? I need to get this figured out, I am on the road a lot,

On my phone: I press BlueTooth ..put it in the on position and then I press sync..Sync says not connected.

I tried it with my Motorola 500 bluetooth same thing. :unhappysweat: Thanks for any help Kim

Spongers8X

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have any problems getting mine to connect to my Sync MFT system in my Ford Edge, or the Parrot system in my girlfriend's car. In sync, did you tell it to add a new phone? It requires a unique password for each device, which the sync system generates, so you have to tell it you want to sync a new phone. Then just click the SYNC device on your phone and when it asks for your password, use the one on the screen.

KB PDX

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Just got my HTC Win 8 phone today and it is also the only phone I've ever had that would not synch with my Pioneer navigation system in my car.

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I think I'm trying to do this incorrectly to sync via Bluetooth to my computer... Can you use the Windows Phone app while connected to Bluetooth?

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
No problem here syncing with both my vehicles, make sure you leave the phone on the Bluetooth setting screen while pairing.

The Windows phone app works using the USB cable.

Milen Todorakev

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Audi A6 2007. My Lumia 810 (T-Mobile) connects to the hands free just fine, but it doesn't share any lists (missed, dialed, phonebook). This is very annoying, considering that all previous phones did just fine (Symbian OS U5i, an older Nokia 600). It is obvious that the Bluetooth protocol in WP8 has some issues and not to mention the Bluetooth menu has no options.

TpaRealtorBillK

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I had no issues between my old Verizon HTC Trophy with update and my 2008 Lincoln MKZ with all latest updates, including dealer's. HOWEVER, new Verizon HTC WP 8X places many calls "IN PRIVACY" mode and you cannot get out! Not reading my text messages. 911 assist won't set up. Vehicle Health Report won't set up. UGH! Embarrassing to have this great Microsoft phone laying on the console of the Lincoln's "Sync powered by Microsoft" badge ... and it not working!
LOVE my 8X otherwise!

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Audi A6 2007. My Lumia 810 (T-Mobile) connects to the hands free just fine, but it doesn't share any lists (missed, dialed, phonebook). This is very annoying, considering that all previous phones did just fine (Symbian OS U5i, an older Nokia 600). It is obvious that the Bluetooth protocol in WP8 has some issues and not to mention the Bluetooth menu has no options.

It works -- you just have to give the phone permission to download those details. When you first set it up, you get a warning message on the WP asking if it's okay to send those details. If you don't tap "yes," it will refuse the car's requests for security reasons. Otherwise, someone could scrape all the contact and other personal data off someone's phone via Bluetooth.

westentertainer

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
it connects to my bury 9060 and my dvd car system but will notttttttttt download contacts to either ,come on htc or Microsoft this is definitely a backward step ,i can sync contacts from all previous phones including cheap make ones come on!

westentertainer

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
It works -- you just have to give the phone permission to download those details. When you first set it up, you get a warning message on the WP asking if it's okay to send those details. If you don't tap "yes," it will refuse the car's requests for security reasons. Otherwise, someone could scrape all the contact and other personal data off someone's phone via Bluetooth.
tried this but still no contact download

adesonic

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
No problem syncing with my 2010 Toyota rav4. Syncs contacts, works with steering wheel controls, displays artist now playing, the whole shebang!

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any trouble with a FIAT system running Microsoft's BlueandMe software.

I suspect people with severe BT issues got a bad handset -- ESPECIALLY if it isn't connecting with basic mono headsets.

westentertainer

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any trouble with a FIAT system running Microsoft's BlueandMe software.

I suspect people with severe BT issues got a bad handset -- ESPECIALLY if it isn't connecting with basic mono headsets.
could be because you are using Microsoft's software in the system,mine will connect but will not download contacts

sportrckr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I had to do the same thing, and it worked just fine.

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Works perfectly fine in my 2011 f-150 with Sync. You have to connect it the first time like sponger says. If I recall, you have to go into an "advanced" menu and then use the code on the vehicle screen.

Everything should work fine, phone book, BT audio, text and call history, vehicle health report, etc.

The text-to-voice is one aspect of the Sync system that really works great and the reason I keep BT turned on. The NAV portion of the Ford Sync system is, on the other hand, absolutely terrible in my opinion.

shawfox

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Did you ever resolve your problem? I'm getting the same issue on my 2006 A4 with a Nokia 920. My old HTC Mozart (win7) shared my contacts and recent activity and read my texts. Now my car will pass me the calls (bluetooth working) but doesn't even manage caller ID. I don't get the request to share when I connect (even if I delete the connection and start again) and when connected the message is "Connected - voice" which suggest the link is not the right kind. My car has no other settings and there are no properties associated with the entry on my BT settings screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariehselm