Windows Central App network error, how can I fix it?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows Central App network error

When on my WiFi the WPCentral app gives me an "unable to connect to network" or "Error receiving feeds" error.

I have tested this on my Lumias 950,1020,1520,650 and my Surface Pro 2 and Surface Pro 3 (The Surfaces give the error receiving feeds message and the lumias give the "Network Error could not connect to Windows Central: An exception occurred during a webclient response" error.

When I turn off WiFi and connect through the data connection (ATT) everything works fine, Now I know this would normally point to an issue with my WiFi which I am looking into but everything was working fine with the app yesterday or the day before on WiFi (I am 100% sure I accessed it two days ago via WiFi not totally sure about yesterday but pretty sure) and I have not changed anything on my WiFi so I am wondering if there was an update for the WPCentral app in the past few days that may have affected this?

I just don't want to spend half the day trouble shooting my WiFi (everything else is working through WiFi) just to find out it actually is an app issue. Anyone else experiencing this or have any ideas?

oh and in case anyone asks I have tried both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz WiFi connections. The obvious next step would be to try another WiFi network but I wont be able to test that for a few hours as I have some work to do.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any ideas!

Kevin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sobev25996