Zune Marketplace retiring

dronkula

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey - so, Microsoft have said that the Zune Marketplace is 'retiring' this month and you'll no longer be able to purchase anything through it (although you can still use Zune on your PC to listen to music).

Is that just the PC version of Zune - or does that mean that from this month I'll no longer be able to buy anything on my Lumia 800 as well?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
As far as I can tell, no purchases on the Zune marketplace period. I have an XBOX Music pass, and use Zune, so I guess I need to inquire to ensure all is good with downloading music through the pass on the Zune player. But the use of Microoft points to buy or rent anything is being cut off.

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
i think they are just retiring video purchases as of January, 2014 and not the entire zune store...dont quote me on it but i seem to remeber reading that a few days ago

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
If Zune is where we get any software updates and its being retired is it safe to say that 7.8 was absolutely the last software update we'll see?? Not that I really held out much hope for continued WP7 updates as everything is now firmly focussed on the WP8 experience, but still.......would be nice to know we early adopters haven't been left out in the cold entirely.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skuwal